Found this part in the driveway: off my trailer?

gixxerjim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 14, 2007
Messages
171
http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg231/gixxerjim/

My wife found this after I had left with the boat...anybody know where it may have come from? Likely either my boat or trailer...

Boat 88 Sea Ray 18ft BR
Trailer EZ loader

I am a little worried, we're due to head on a 200mile trip to go boating over th weekend!
 

pinecrestwoods

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
100
Re: Found this part in the driveway: off my trailer?

I'm going to venture a guess and say it's part of a bracket for one of your bunks on the trailer, given the slot for adjusting the height of the bunk?????? Someone will know for sure, but that's my bet.
 

Silvertip

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Sep 22, 2003
Messages
28,772
Re: Found this part in the driveway: off my trailer?

It looks to shiny to be part of the trailer since it would have been exposed to water and weather. It does look like a starter shim however. Have you or a service facility replaced the starter recently?
 

gixxerjim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 14, 2007
Messages
171
Re: Found this part in the driveway: off my trailer?

I have had the boat two years without any major service.

My van has never had any major work done either....I haven't checked it with a magnet but I think it is Stainless, hence my assumption it came off the boat or trailer....
 

pinecrestwoods

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
100
Re: Found this part in the driveway: off my trailer?

It looks to shiny....

You call that "shiny"? ;) Whatever it is... good luck solving the mystery. That would drive me crazy, too! (And, yes.... after looking at google images for "starter shim"..... there are some that look pretty darn similar.... def. something to look at!)
 

gixxerjim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 14, 2007
Messages
171
Re: Found this part in the driveway: off my trailer?

Thank you all, I believe the mystery is solved...a good friend visited last Sunday and gave each of my 3 boys a ride in his 68 Corvette, which recently had a new clutch put in, and is, well over 40 years old. I am giving him the part tomorrow and he will be checking his starter out this weekend!

Thanks again, I have piece of mind....at least some.
 

gixxerjim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 14, 2007
Messages
171
Re: Found this part in the driveway: off my trailer?

peace not piece, well my wife would say "a small piece of mind"...
 
Top