Ford to Chevy Shiftplate Relocation

nola mike

Vice Admiral
Well I've studied this option for several days. The end result is I have no idea is this location will support it. I know nothing about what's below the mount plate. If it's just insulation, I'm screwed. I'm sure there's some type of framework there but is it enough? If it were you, would you mount the shift plate in this location, or tackle the task of getting back to the transom?
Guessing it's glass over a plywood box.

Bimmerknut

Seaman
Guessing it's glass over a plywood box.
If that's the case then there's VERY little there to mount this plate with any great strength. Maybe I'll look at bypassing the switch altogether and just run the cables straight to the pump. Basic hydraulics up and down.

alldodge

Staff member
There is nothing wrong with your system other then working on it, or finding parts. Can get new cables made to what ever length needed.

The new style holds the drive without a lockout and has a built in pressure relief in case something is hit. Do admit your style will protect the drive from impact better. The issues are what your running into

Cost would be another trim pump and cylinders. New cost is up there but used should be available.