ScottNAlabama
Recruit
Thread starter- Joined
- Aug 23, 2005
- Messages
- 2
Hello to all this is my first post here...I sure will apppreciate the help from everyone. Does my 1998 Force 40 HP have any type of choke on it? The guy I bought it from told me that he choked it by taking off the motor cover and holding his cupped hand over the air intake for the carb. When I first started it after sitting for about 3 months I had to do this also and it cranked right up. This is a two man operation because you can't start it and do this also... haha. Someone else I know told me if you push in the button on the throttle control under the lever this acts as a choke too...I thought that button was for revving up the throttle in neutral without having to put it in gear? Am I just missing the choke or was this motor actually made without one?...and can I install one if it doesn't have a choke? Thanks for any responses... 