"Forbes rates iboats.com best Web site "

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
We thought you folks who don't visit the help fora should see this, too.<br /><br />INTERNETOUTBOARDS <br />Chief Petty Officer <br />Member # 46496 <br /><br /> posted May 02, 2005 17:05 <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Issue Date: 5/2/2005, Posted On: 5/2/2005 <br /><br />Forbes rates iboats.com best Web site <br /><br /><br />Salt Lake City-based iboats.com was chosen the overall favorite Web site in the watercraft area in a recent Forbes.com quarterly survey. <br /><br />Forbes selected eight “best” watercraft sites and then chose iboats the “best of the best — the Forbes favorite.”<br /><br />Forbes called the active message boards the site’s best feature, saying it “discusses everything from fishing in Lake Michigan to dealing with frozen motors.” Other features that attracted the judges' attention were the boat listings, boating basics section and the assortment of 100,000 marine products listed on the site.<br /><br />The survey rates Web sites on content, design, speed, navigation and customization.<br /><br />--------------------<br />ELVIN<br />AVALONPROGROUP<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Posts: 448 | From: TAMPA | Registered: Jul 2004 | IP: Logged |

D

DJ

Re: "Forbes rates iboats.com best Web site "

I think, we members, already knew that. ;) <br /><br />Well done-iboats!

dolluper

Captain

That's why we come here not hard to figger

JB

^

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> I think, we members, already knew that. ;) <br /><br />Well done-iboats!
Yea, tell us something now we don't know. :cool:

SoulWinner

Commander

Yeah, if them Forbes folks are just figgerin' that out, they're the slow ones!

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank You for being here Iboats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LadyFish

Admiral

Very impressive. Forbes is highly respected for their reviews and opinions.<br /><br />Congrats iboats!<br /><br />I guess this is why we have to watch our P's and Q's around here, somebody important is always watching. ;)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

I, indeed, never had a doubt that iboats is the best!

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have always said this is the best site on the web and that we should be honored to be a member. Good job to all of us for keeping this site #1 and an extra special thank you to our Mods for their hard work in controlling us(which at times must be frustrating for them). Lets keep it NUMBER 1.

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

When I found this site it made my boating life a lot easier and a lot more fun.<br /><br /> THANKS IBOATS AND ALL IT'S MEMBERS! :D

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Congratulations to everyone involved with making iboats a success!<br /><br />It doesn't surprise me that iboats.com is recognised as the best boat-related site on the Internet.

Mod4

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I changed the title of this thread so everyone here is sure to read it.

NYMINUTE

Captain

I-Boats rocks... well except for eeboater. He is a youngun. :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Mod4:<br /> I changed the title of this thread so everyone here is sure to read it.
:cool:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Don't forget that if it wasn't for us members, just how would this website be? I'm glad to be a part of it just like the rest of you. Where else can you go to aquire friends from around the globe that have intrests in boats?<br /><br />Thanks to everyone at headquarters including Steve. Even though Steve deleted lots of interesting posts. We will never let that one go Steve!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Another spot on Forbes.<br /> http://www.forbes.com/bow/b2c/review.jhtml?id=7709 <br /><br />Iboats.com<br />www.iboats.com <br /><br /><br />Though based in land-locked Utah, this excellent site offers a rich trove of seafaring resources. Want to purchase a vessel? There are nearly 50 categories of powerboats alone, ranging from aluminum boats to trawler yachts. For example, a 56-foot Veneti yacht built in 2003--complete with wet bar and barbecue--was recently being offered for ($883,000). But there are also plentiful personal watercraft and sailboat listings too, such as a 35-foot 1994 Fountaine Pajot catamaran with air conditioning ($169,000). If you want to fix a boat, you'll find more than 100,000 marine products for sale, from bilge pumps to deck hatches. Land lubbers will want to head to Boating Basics for primers on ignition systems, fuel, batteries, winterizing a boat and more. There's also a step-by-step guide to valuing a used vessel.<br /><br />BEST: Active message boards discuss everything from fishing in Lake Michigan to dealing with frozen motors. <br /><br />WORST: A standard ad will cost sellers $50 for a month.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

And it is still growing!!!!