For ob- Whats the Link between Iraq and 911

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi ob, why not provide some talking points and educate me on the links between Iraq and the 911 attacks.<br /><br />I'm seriously very interested.

ob

Admiral
Re: For ob- Whats the Link between Iraq and 911

No you're not.So, I won't waste my time.Do your own research.If you'd been paying unbiased attention for the last four years and not blinded by your aimlees disdain for the current administration you'd already have the answers that you proclaim to seek.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

I decided to initiate a separate post because you brought up this claim in another post like it was "matter of fact". I don't know it to be true, and I have a big problem with the statement and also the fact that most Americans and presumably most iboaters probably think that Iraq had some connection with 911. This would obviously provide a great justification to go to war against Iraq. The reality is, there just isn't such evidence. You made the claim, I asked for the info, you declined to support your statement.

ob

Admiral

What I declined to do is to be your journalistic and agenda puppet.<br /><br />Since you brought up this topic perhaps you could shine the light on your percieved reasons that we are fighting in Iraq at the moment.That would allow you to explain your disdain for Bush and give us narrow mined people some insight all in one response.<br /><br />I could begin at the fact that Al Qaeda training camps were placed in Northern Iraq some years back and many of our soldiers today are being sniped by Al Qaeda insurgents in Iraq,but then you would just ask for some kind of undisputable proof and aside from dna ,I can't come up with any at the moment.Heck dna isn't good enough any more either,....what with all of those odds floating around out there...what is something like 1.2 trillion to one.Anyway,enough of that.<br /><br />Did you need more connection links or will that one suffice?

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Its about oil I think. I'm sure there were a few other motivators, but no others that would justify the huge military and human cost of the war that all the oil revenues will eventually bring.<br /><br />By the way, I did a search and the first hit under Iraq linked to 911 was:<br /><br />70% still think

ob

Admiral

Duuuhhh...it's about oil.Sure it's about oil.Oil and some psycho in command of a country poised to wipe you and me off the map.C'mon.You don't really think that we are wasting our time cleaning house in iraq do you?<br /><br />Iraq is in a geographical location posed to create instability in a world market that is co-dependent.It's not just oil or tyranny.Sometimes it's both.It was in this case.<br /><br />Do you have any proof that the war in Iraq is about oil? <br /><br />See...it works both ways.Can you even prove to my picky mind that you are a human and not a computer program? I need concrete proof.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

theriver, we let our enimies run wild before 9/11 and paid the price. We wont do that again, and thus we kicked Saddam and Taliban butt.<br /><br />I dont think bush said that a possible Iraq/911 link was a motivation for going to war. It was always WMD.<br /><br />I want some hard facts proving there were actually 100,000 iraqis killed since the begining of the war.<br /><br />Ken

D

DJ

theriver=TROLL!

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Ken,<br /><br />You wanted number, there are several sources and I've read and heard it numerous times, but here's a link for you.<br /><br /> deaths <br /><br />Bottom line is, the war on terror should focus on terrorists. It really doesn't matter if 3000 people died or 100000 people died, it was too many. Iraq has partially paid the price in the form of retribution for the 3000 Americans who so unfortunately died on 911. What I'm saying is its even more unfortunate, as it will go down in history, that so many Iraqis were unnecessarily killed.<br /><br />15 of the hijackers came from Saudi Arabia. I realize this has all been discussed before, and been beaten to death, but theres a double standard when it comes to Iraq. I'll probably have moved on to other endeavors in 5 years, but mark my words-Bush messed up with his approach. I realized the clock can't be turned back, but does that mean we can't discuss it civilly? <br /><br />Or does everyone have to yell troll troll troll, go away go away go away...

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Here is a cut and paste from your "report". Even the writers acknoledge it is flawed.<br />***********************************<br />The research we publish today was completed under the<br />most testing of circumstances—an ongoing war. And therefore<br />certain limitations were inevitable and need to be acknowledged<br />right away. The number of population clusters<br />chosen for sampling is small; the confidence intervals<br />around the point estimates of mortality are wide; the<br />Falluja cluster has an especially high mortality and so is<br />atypical of the rest of the sample; and there is clearly the potential<br />for recall bias among those interviewed. <br /><br /> http://www.jhsph.edu/Refugee/index.html

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Theriver - tell me, what would you have done differently?<br /><br />I doubt you have an answer.<br /><br />Did we make mistakes in Iraq - YES<br />Is any war perfect - NO<br />Will Iraq be a better place in five years - Yes<br /><br />One other thing, and I do this with great hesitiation cause I am really a nice guy.<br /><br />You dont get it, you never will get it, and all you will do is continue to make posts that most of the people here know are trolls.<br /><br />I suggest you stay out of dockside chat. You are not adding anything here.<br /><br />Ken

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ken AMEN,<br />Whats with these guys. Out of power Bush haters.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> yawn :rolleyes: Anybody doing any fishing?
I might head to Florida and visit snapperbait.<br /> :D :D :eek:

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

another troll initiated by theriver.......sad...so sad

f_inscreenname

Commander

Do people really talk about this stuff at the marina "dock side chat"? This stuff has been done before over and over. Let it go or just ignore theriver till he either changes course or dries up. It is true most here think alike good or bad. That is why we are here together. You know “bird of a feather”.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Very true. Away from the marina, we are all boat crazy fools. And it's pretty much that way here anyhow. Personally, I only want to hurt one member,and I think he was banned a year ago or more, and that is a goon with the handle of "Mercey".A real POW, and alqueda if I ever met one.<br />But even woodrat is my brother here.

Carphunter

Commander

Wow, theriver has to rank at the top as one of the worst trollers since I have been here.<br /><br />I'll be more than happy to play your game theriver, but most likely I will get my responses poofed.<br /><br />Do nothing but troll here, and it just may get you banned............Hopefully. :cool:

phatmanmike

Captain

well ,<br /><br />anyways,<br /><br /> i have a 1988 suzuki 4hp with an internal tank that has what must be a stuck or clogged fuelcock. can i just bypass the fuelcock and run it strait from the tank to the fuel pump?<br /><br />thank you for your oil,er, i mean time. <br /><br />mike