Flushing Yamaha 150Hp Outboards

GasCan II

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was told my 2001HPDi’s do not flush properly while in the up position in the slip and that they flush better in the down position. Is this correct? Thanks.

GasCan II

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was told my 2001HPDi’s do not flush properly while in the up position in the slip and that they flush better in the down position. Is this correct? Thanks.
What do you think does it make a difference Up or Down?

cptbill

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Some how I don't see there being a difference. Now if your planning to put muffs on it and ran the engine that might make a difference

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Which type of flushing wouldl that be. Through upper flushing port if counting with one and with motor ON or OFF or through lower leg with muffs and motor ON ?​

Happy Boating​

cptbill

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Flushing through the upper flush port you should not run the engine and it won't make a difference what position the engine is in . Flushing through the water intake with the muffs you need to run the engine(for my money it should be flushed this why all the time but there are times that's not possible) what I don't know is weather or not having the engine tilted all the way up will do any damage to the engine(my concern would be with the oil circulation)