Flush mount plotter on Sylvan

Wiread

Cadet
Hi, just got a new to us Sylvan 8522 cruise n fish. It's a 2017 and it has an older fish finder on it, but I am going to switch it out with my Garmin. It appears to have a place in the dash for a flush mount plotter/fish finder, but the plastic is very thin. My Garmin does have a flush mount kit, but I am wondering is there anything else I need.?

I'm almost inclined to use the bracket I used before just to mount it on the helm and use the swivel, though the flush mount is a nice clean look. Anyway, has anybody put on there? any mounting tips? I put picture on here for reference. It's the big empty square space in the middle :)

1657827958315.png

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I was going to flush mount my chart plotter but wasn’t thrilled that I couldn’t remove it when leaving the boat unattended.

Ended up yoke mounting it in the “glove box” with a lockable smoke glass door to keep honest people honest.

Out of site, out of mind.

MRS

Commander
I would use a ram mount cause you can adjust it to any angle you need it for sun glare or rain.

Wiread

Cadet
I'm not too concerned with theft where we're at. people leave much nicer on much nicer boats right out in the open all summer long at our marina, but it's a good point. I did find myself moving it for glare on the other boat, so Maybe I'll just mount it to the rotating bracket and forget the flush mount.

Thanks!