Florida Get Together 2010 OFFICIAL NOTICE make your reservations!!!!!

ShaneCarroll

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Florida Get Together 2010 OFFICIAL NOTICE make your reservations!!!!!

I must find out what my company has planned for me around then before I can make reservations. I am still working in Ohio, so if I can be working back home then, I will definitely make it. Will let you know beginning of next week.

Knightgang

Lieutenant

tahsa, got a question, if we decide to go and get a site that is not waterfront, is there dock space available, or will I have to trailer my boat overnight???

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

they say you will have to put it on the trailer. but we will do our best to keep as many in the water as possible.

Knightgang

Lieutenant

Thanks. April is a long way off, it will be a few months before we can make a decision about going, that is why I was asking. I am sure the waterfronts will be gone by then.

I still gotta get my boat out of the backyard and get some things fixed to make her seaworthy again...

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've got space 45 booked :D

for those arriving early , there are tons of things to do, many waterfront restaurants too and the manatees will still be around for the kiddies, water temp is about 76 year round, not bad in April, the pool will be nice.

anyone thought about a Sat night dinner BBQ rather than a lunch meet up, that way it gives people all day on the water over getting back to the park for a set lunch time ?? just a thought

someone mentioned having a big BBQ grill :D

Knightgang

Lieutenant

I've got space 45 booked :D

for those arriving early , there are tons of things to do, many waterfront restaurants too and the manatees will still be around for the kiddies, water temp is about 76 year round, not bad in April, the pool will be nice.

anyone thought about a Sat night dinner BBQ rather than a lunch meet up, that way it gives people all day on the water over getting back to the park for a set lunch time ?? just a thought

someone mentioned having a big BBQ grill :D

I like the idea of a Sat night BBQ ininstead of lunch. I have a small camping grill, also, most campistes that I visit have grills on site, you just need to bring the coals.

tashasdaddy

i have been considering that, or atleast a late afternoon.

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

last year it just seemed some folks were would have rather been out boating that at the pavilion for lunch, maybe its just me but I would rather settle in for supper at the end of the play day....lol

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

last year it just seemed some folks were would have rather been out boating that at the pavilion for lunch, maybe its just me but I would rather settle in for supper at the end of the play day....lol

That makes sense..But lets say Bard1 & I help out cooking, and just for fun we say we can go crazy and do a pig...

Thats a lot of time, ya cant toss a pig on and go boating..would take up most of the day to be ready for y'all when you come back...

Maybe we would assign Pig Watch schedules? lol

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Kev, sounds wonderful, but its just too much work, you guys are here to relax and play too, not cater to the rest of us, I think chicken, burgers and dogs and all the fixins make a fine dinner and leave room for some suds for later on.

I have been to a get together there before we had community breakfast and stuff in the club house the had a big kitchen and its easy to make coffee, eggs, micro some bacon, toast and cereal to get everyone's day started ...

tashasdaddy

actually i have thought about Breakfast also, that way everyone meets early, and gets to know each other. then can have a good day, and possible and informal group marshmellow roast that night. Breakfast is a lot easier than lunch or dinner.

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Lets see..our chickens are laying about 10 - 12 eggs a day. All we need is a little notice, and we can gather up all the eggs ya'll can eat. So, a Sat. AM breakfast sounds kinda neat. We are still going by there. We want to check out the clubhouse and kitchen facilities.
Then, for the end of the day we can all gather for supper.
I have a feeling we might want to have both meals....

phwrd

Petty Officer 1st Class

Also going to go down early, want to be set up with the boat in the water by Thursday sunset.

Looks like i am gonna try to get a cabin (for the wife and in-laws) and a water front camp site for my brother & for the boat.

May end up with 4 - 8 people by Friday evening. How about a Friday Night BBQ, fish fry (if we catch any) or what ever ?

tashasdaddy

found the main thing need:
about 5 miles for camp.
Wal-Mart
3826 South Suncoast Blvd
Homosassa, FL 34448

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Yep, Homosassa Springs is the first little town south of Crystal River. And if anyone hasn't been there to the attraction, it is a no miss kind of place. The kids and adults alike really enjoy the zoo as well as the underwater viewing station to see all the fish and manatees that hang out there....

Here is a link to the site and all that is available. I know we are a boating forum and are coming together in April to enjoy our boats and the water, but to be so close and miss this would be a shame...

There is a water taxi that takes a boatload up the river to the site, with a narrative along the way. Once there you can spend an hour or many more to walk through and view the animals as well.

http://www.homosassasprings.org/Homosassa.cfm

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Went up and had a look at the grounds today on my way to Destin.
Rentprop1 met us there as well..
I'll post pics for all to see later...They are in Dianes camera and we dont have the usb cord with us.

There are a few small concerns, mainly the sites that have waterfront docks.
They are mostly 80% concrete pads, made primarily for motor home use.
Many have a side grassy area, some are large enough for a tent, while others are not.
I noticed several sites that had very little usable tent space, or in one site, zero area as there are trees..
Also the BEWARE OF ALLIGATORS sign stopped Diane in her tracks for a waterfront site..dang.

The good news..
The Clubhouse looks great inside..they just received their Cert of Occupancy and I can't wait to get us all in there. Lots of room.if we filled it then we would have a gangbuster turnout!

The kitchen is equipped with a nice 6 burner restaraunt quality stove...a small island for prepping and then sink/washing area.

There is a nice opening and counter that opens up to the Clubhouse for serving..

The kitchen is small however

2 cooks would be comfy..3 is doable...4 of us in there would be difficult..especially of they were all el lardos like me..lol

Took a tour of an available cabin...really like it...so thats the way we will be going this year...

tashasdaddy

Kevin and Mark met at Crystal Isle, here are some there pictures.

Attachments

• waterfrnt campsite.jpg
    waterfrnt campsite.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 0
  • WF cmpsite view from river.jpg
    WF cmpsite view from river.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ramp at site 60.jpg
    ramp at site 60.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 0
  • typical waterfront dock.jpg
    typical waterfront dock.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 0
  • up river.jpg
    up river.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 0

tashasdaddy

more pictures

Attachments

• clubhouse dining.jpg
    clubhouse dining.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 0
  • dock.jpg
    dock.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 0
  • grassy tent area small.jpg
    grassy tent area small.jpg
  • grass between campsite wfront.jpg
    grass between campsite wfront.jpg

tashasdaddy

as you can see the waterfront sites have RV pads. some have limited grassy areas. what i plan to do, is buy 4 2x4's and just make an outside frame for the tent to attach to, just to stabilize it. being on the concrete, will help keep the inside of the tent clean and firm base for air mattress.