floor repair on 2000 bayliner cuddy

rich098

Recruit
I need some information on how big a job it is to replace or repair a bad place in the floor in my bayliner cuddy.last year I replaced the bottoms of all my seats and the boards around the center hole in my floor. I noticed then that it was starting to rot on the left side floor around the seat but this year i noticed it was worse it is soft around the left seat and in the center rear of the hole. I have owned this boat for 10 years and have gotten a lot of use out of it untill the last 2 years. I am debaiting on selling it but would like to repair it befor I do. who knows I might decide to keep it for another 10 years. I am sending some pictures but sence I have not yet started any repairs it is had to tell any thing. If any one could tell me just what I have to do and how hard it will be to do it I will better understand just how much work I am going to have to do.IMAG0098.jpgIMAG0171.jpgIMAG0173.jpgIMAG0174.jpgIMAG0175.jpg

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
Re: floor repair on 2000 bayliner cuddy

Welcome to Iboat Rich..

Hard to tell whats going on .. you do have some rot in the vinyl covered console frames. Not too hard to pull them out and redo it..

But its pic #2 that worries me.. Looks like CoreMat .. and moldy coremat at that ..

Bleach wash your bilge to rid as much of the fungi .. drain.. then put up some more pics of the same place.

If coremat was not installed correctly..then you Might have a problem in the Sides of your boat.

YD.

rich098

Recruit

I cleaned the hull and have a better shot of the rot I found. I only found the floor to be soft to the left and behind the ski locker I am thinking of just replacing that part of the floor. the rest seems pretty solid. here are some more pictures.000_0020.jpg000_0021.jpg000_0022.jpg000_0023.jpg000_0024.jpg

rich098

Recruit

I have been reading all the post I could find on floor repair and have sure learned a lot from the people on the forum. it gave me the nerve to go ahead and tear up the carpet in my boat and check and see just how much rot I could find. i am posting some pictures of what I found. I am thinking that I may get by with just replacing the center part of the floor but i won't know untill i cut the floor out and see what I find. It looks like bayliner glassed the top part of the deck but did nothing to protect the bottom. If I need to replace the whole floor will I have to pull the top cap off the boat.000_0001.jpg000_0002.jpg000_0003.jpg000_0004.jpg

oops!

Supreme Mariner

If I need to replace the whole floor will I have to pull the top cap off the boat.]

nope.....the cap only comes off gull gut transom jobs....on the bigger i/o s it is not necessary to remove it even to get at the transom.

rich098

Recruit

I started taking all the walls out the cover the floor up to the cuddy cabin. it looks like the rot is worse than I thought am going to redo the whole floor from the cabin back. I have a couple of questions if any one know let me know. the back back of the boat has boxes on each side and I don't know if the floor runns under these boxes or just around them.000_0005.jpg000_0007.jpg also up by the cabin is a part of the cabin that sticks out and the floor has to slide up under that part. the problem I think I may have is if I glass both sides of the floor will it fit under that piece sticking out. sence bayliner did not glass both sides of the floor it will make it thicker than the oringenal floor. also I was wondering just how much resin I should order to do this floor it will measure about 5ft by 11 ft. I am planing on putting down 2 layers on mat and a layer of cloth on the top. am ordering my protective gear befor starting to cut the floor out and grind. it down. I am hoping I will not find any stringer problems but won't know untill floor is removed. I hope to have this boat ready to go by june.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

The floor/deck will most likely be solid under Everything.

As far as the deck fitting in the Cabin slot..dont glass where it fits in.

After you dry fit your deck..mark where it slips in..epoxy coat that area only..then glass the rest of it.

YD.