Flood people are they welcome to your town?

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Flood people are they welcome to your town?

I've been hearing on the news today that Central Ohio is expecting evacuees in the thousands, no real number right now. I expect that we'll find out over the next couple of days.<br /><br />Edit: Whoops! Forgot the second part of the question. Yes, any productive member of society, no matter what the race, are always welcome here. I do live in a farming community just outside of Columbus so any troublemakers probably wouldn't last an hour here.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Bob in CA. I think you must have misspelled Peninsula i.e. you left out the second "N" . . . First time the poofter worked as a spell checker. :D <br /><br />In all seriousnes . . . I am sure CA will make lots of room as Bob has said. The question for me is whether or not I would let someone stay in my home. The answer is that yes, I would, if I could get some real history on the person or family. This goes for anybody that is going to stay at my house. I owe that to my wife and kids.<br /><br />I sense in some of the posts above a confusion between taking in evacuees and taking in some of the worst that were caught on television. Again, the worst cannot stay at my house and I am guessing that they won't be staying at anybody elses homes either. Decent people are definitely and always welcome!

D

DJ

They're already here. More coming in.<br /><br />They are welcome.

mrloring

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My mom works(nurse) in morgantown wv and she said 500 are going there

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

I still say let the go to Texas.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

telmanmn, you realize what that reveals about yourself? I ain't complaining, we know what is the right thing to do. Did you know the word "Texas", from the Caddo Indian language, means "friend"

mrloring

Petty Officer 2nd Class

telmanmn <br />Just wait until winter. When the snow starts flying, most will start packing. They will be wearing parkas in the fall.

mrloring

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Personally, if you want to start a new life I would be glad to help. :D If you want a handout and a new address for your welfare check try somewhere else. :mad: <br /><br />God bless Texas! :D :D :D