Flag Flying Question

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Flag Flying Question

You nailed it Ladyfish. I am in charge of the Color Guard (me!)here at the job and I had to do some quick research on Monday morning. I found the same article.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Just thought of something: instead of lowering the flag, extend the pole. <br /><br />Get a dowel about the same diameter as your pole and the same length as from the bottom of the flag to the end of the pole. Duct tape it to the top of the pole, and there you go, half-mast.

LadyFish

Admiral

Just a reminder that your flag can be returned to full mast and your black ribbon removed today.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thought I seen on Friday where the President said to raise them back up then.

SpinnerBait_Nut

It is Stratos, but I think the President was thinking about the 4th. as to raise them back up.<br /><br />BTW, what kinda Stratos you got?

Stratosfied

Ensign

Ok I will go raise the flag up. SBN, I have a 95 258V with a 70HP Johnson. I was torn between geeting an Astro or a Stratos, but Stratos had an ad in a magazine which said, "have you ever been Stratosfied?".. That done it for me and I have been well pleased. :cool:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Cool, I have a '88 279V with the XP150 on it.<br />
stratos1.jpg
<br /><br />Don't like it as well as I do my Ebbtide though.<br /><br />Ebbtide is soooooooooo much wider and stable.<br /><br />Ok, I'm through hijacking this thread.<br /><br />Oh yea, just poured my concrete for a new 32' flag pole. :cool:

m-boat

Cadet

Originally posted by suzuki115:<br /> Who is our local flag expert out there? I have been flying the flag (US flag of course, is there any other?) on my house since 9-11. I have been abiding by the flag rules that I know of, lighted at night, etc. My Question: If you're flag cannot be put at half mast, is it disrespectful to fly it at full mast when it should be at half mast?
I was in the army and accourding to what I remember that if the flag cannot be put at half mast because it cannot be done, it isn't disrespectful to fly and my self I have that type of flag. And I am a Viet Nam Vet.