first snow

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: first snow

saw some flakes yesterday for a bit. That's about it. Several good frosts, but the lakes aren't frozen yet...thank goodness!<br /><br />Saw some flakes today ,too, but that's a different story! :p :D

spratt

Lieutenant

Here in Wa, we have had a lot of snow at the 1500' and above elevations. The mountain passes have had some heavy snow and some ice...The Cascades to the Easst and teh Olympics to the West are white and glistening (when you can see them), and our first snows are always so beautiful on the mountains!!! I am at about 200' to 300' elevation, so won't be seeing any on the ground till after New Year probably...if then.<br /><br />Here is a link to let you see one of the passes, called Steven's Pass...enjoy!!!<br /><br /> http://www.stevenspass.com/webcam/webcam.htm

ehenry

Commander

Still dashin around in shorts and shirt sleeves here.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Snow flurries here this morning, 28*.<br /><br />No accumulation.<br /><br />Hey spratt,<br /><br />I've skied at Stevens Pass.<br /><br />They sure do get alot of snow up there!<br /><br />Deepest powder I have ever skied on!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Had a hard enough frost the other night to ruin the last of the red peppers in the garden. Darn! Knew I should have picked them last weekend.<br /><br />It's nothin but cold from here on in.....

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

It was like a damn blizzard by about 8:00 last night...nothing sticking to the roads though. It was like driving in star wars :eek: <br />Must have slowed down a bit overnight...took a measurement on the back deck and it was over 3"! :eek: :eek:

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by johnson-liner:<br />It was like driving in star wars
Turn on the hi-beams and make the jump to hyperspace...don't know how I lived through my teenage years ;)

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

We got our first good freeze here. Down to about 30.<br />Last year it snowed so early I was out a few times brushing the snow of my boat cover to keep it from collapsing.<br />Then it went up to about 70 and I was able to get the winter cover on wearing only a t-shirt.<br />Love those indian summers.

LadyFish

Admiral

We did have a nasty cold front move in last week. It's down to 80 during the day and in the 60's at night. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :p

dy168

Petty Officer 3rd Class

We have "heavy snow warning" advisory the past two days up in in Mt. Charleston. I think it dumped over 1 foot of fresh snow the past 48 hours.

KaGee

Admiral

No snow here.... we sent it east to Rochester! :p :D

one more cast

Captain

it snowed pretty hard here yesterday but most of it melted today. I added a sno-cam link to my signature from Old Forge NY so when you ex-northerners get home sick you can click on it.

ebbtide176

Commander

no, but we're almost close to cold enough to get a frost this weekend, hehehe. and i'm going camping! ah, the tent, the fire, i guess i need to find my boggan. oh yeah, uze guys callem a sockcap ;)

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

We have had some sprinkle action, but the ski resort nearby has snow, as does all the other areas above 4000 feet. Soon, I'l be plowin'....

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

We had a few snow showers yesterday and today we had a high of 36f to early for this stuff.........

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I ain't waitin' this year. Threw the shovel away and got a Troy Built snow blower. I got my place to do, then go down and do Mom and Pops' place and then the shop. Had enough last year. Ya' know, I think we otta get all our snow together and send it to Texas.......like Galveston.....Maybe some to Whitt....
27.gif