First day out!

DYLBOSS

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well, my wife and I went out on Lake winnipesaukee, NH today for the first boating day this season. What a great feeling after a full month of prep! It was all worth it. (keep telling myself...)

1. Remove 12 year old bottom paint, strip, scrape, sand sand sand and more sanding.
2. 2 Weeks of applying new barrier coats.
3. Sand again.
4. 1 week of applying VC Performance Epoxy, reseal hull/deck joint and deck hatch.
5. 3 days at shop getting engine and outdrive prepped.

Sigh.....

Just remember.....when you get out on that open water, you forget about all that work you just did.

I love boating. :)

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: First day out!

Sounds like a good day...I tell non boaters all the time that when everything is working right and your out on the water there is nothing better!

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Sounds like a good day...I tell non boaters all the time that when everything is working right and your out on the water there is nothing better!

And I tell new boaters that "the time that when everything is working right and your out on the water there is ...something about to go wrong!"

DYLBOSS

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And I tell new boaters that "the time that when everything is working right and your out on the water there is ...something about to go wrong!"

LOL. Positive thinking Home Cookin' ;)