First boat ever! Monterey 204fs ~~|___/~~

shwannz

Cadet
Hello everyone. We (my wife and I) have just purchased a Monterey 204fs and am very excited as this is our first boat! We take delivery next week and counting the days!
The boat is a 2011 with fairly low hours on the engine (90hrs). The boat is in great shape too as one would expect from a boat only one year old. I do have a few questions and was hoping someone can shed some light!
The boat is being used in salt water and will be wet berthed as I would be using it for fishing occasionally. I have purchased a Garmin 521s and am struggling on finding a location to fix it. Has anyone with a similar boat done something similar?
I have attached a couple of photos too. :)

Attachments

• 22671-1.jpg
    22671-1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 22671-2.jpg
    22671-2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 22671-5.jpg
    22671-5.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0

shwannz

Cadet
Re: First boat ever! Monterey 204fs ~~|___/~~

Jeez! 86views andnot even a single hello, welcome on board? Whats going on people? Thought boaties were the friendliest breed!:(

Quit It

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome aboard from another newbie. I can't help with the GPS, but I've seen a lot mounted off to the left, tucked under the windshield.

Merton

Recruit

shwannz,

I'm another newb & just ran across your post. Welcome to both of us. I normally hang out on a Beneteau sailboat owners email list. I see we both have joined the manufacturer's forum, too.

My wife and I bought a 2000 Monterey Montura BR210 with 190 hours in July. I just installed a Garmin 620 GPS. On our dash there is a plexiglass or acrylic panel under the instruments, maybe 18" wide by 2" high. I mounted the GPS on the extreme right side of this panel. If it stops raining today, we are planning to spend tonight and tomorrow night at the lake, & I'll try to take a pic.

I also swapped out the old Clarion head unit because it had no Aux input. I chose a Kenwood KMR 550U, which works well with my ipod and iphone. I can stream internet radio through it and it controls Pandora.

Regards,

Jim

Slip Away

Lieutenant

Belated welcome from a fellow 2011 204FS owner

P1040613copy.jpg

shwannz

Cadet

shwannz,

I'm another newb & just ran across your post. Welcome to both of us. I normally hang out on a Beneteau sailboat owners email list. I see we both have joined the manufacturer's forum, too.

My wife and I bought a 2000 Monterey Montura BR210 with 190 hours in July. I just installed a Garmin 620 GPS. On our dash there is a plexiglass or acrylic panel under the instruments, maybe 18" wide by 2" high. I mounted the GPS on the extreme right side of this panel. If it stops raining today, we are planning to spend tonight and tomorrow night at the lake, & I'll try to take a pic.

I also swapped out the old Clarion head unit because it had no Aux input. I chose a Kenwood KMR 550U, which works well with my ipod and iphone. I can stream internet radio through it and it controls Pandora.

Regards,

Jim

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your reply. I managed to install my Garmin 521s. I had to sacrifice my cup-holder but that was my preference (there are enough cup holders on the boat). I will update with photos as I think it was an acceptable solution.
I just replaced my current stereo with a Fusion MS-IP600G which allows you to plug your IPod/Iphone straight into it. It got a little warm after about 4 hours and not sure if that's a good thing (no internet radio out there in Dubai yet) :(