First boat Deal or no Deal

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
Re: First boat Deal or no Deal

There is no point in fighting the temptation. :D

( not to hijack )

I feel like Luke Skywalker when he just found out DV was his father .. NOOOOOO !! NO NO NO....

But in the end it worked out fine right ? .. I mean after another movie LOL.. :)

YD.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

( not to hijack )

I feel like Luke Skywalker when he just found out DV was his father .. NOOOOOO !! NO NO NO....

But in the end it worked out fine right ? .. I mean after another movie LOL.. :)

YD.

Didnt Luke loose his hand then? I mean yeah he got a cool robotic one , maybe you could get a rivet gun installed in yours.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

I allready have that installed :) I worked for Lopresti and have a pnumatic and a " Finger smasher " :)

Never bucked though....

YD.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

YD, I'm seeing you in an Islander or Chieftain with an immaculate paint job.

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

:eek: Dont kill it let it live:eek: And YD a metal boat? What are you thinking? I never, well this one time at band camp. Shh dont tell no one.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Oh, you are done for now. You are toast. I can't believe you just said that. You might as well come to terms with it. Statements like this are just a cover, just a facade really, for what is really going on.

Hey PST, when you haul home that new, old aluminum rig, be sure to post up photos of your score. We like em.

:D

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ssn, I think you should give the boat to shadetree to redo. That way you'll get to watch him spend the next three years and a second mortgage on it. Then you'll know for sure while your reeling in a fish on your redone tinny later this summer you'll know you made the right call.

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

The voice of reason. Now where can I hide it so mama dont see it. If I had my way I would own every model of Bayliner that wasnt a bow rider. Yea I dont like the looks of those but they are a ton more functional. Anyone ever tried to hide a new old boat from the wife? How did it work out for you? Ja there was the time at band camp but shh I cant post pics everyone would know

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ive got caught backing one in the driveway and never got a chance to hide it. I only got in a little trouble when she pulled up. Another one I bought while she was in Florida, I sent her a picture. :D

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Mama got a pistol grip 12 gauge. Im scared to bring more projects home unless approved first.

ssn756

Seaman

She wasn't too happy about this one cuz I took her parking spot, until I told it was free.

She was a little too excited when I told her I was scraping it though. Don't quite know how to take that responce. :confused:

ljc1957

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ssn, It depends upon how fond you are of the boat, your skills and your finances. I'm not you but I wouldn't want to take that project on. I've known a lot of people who have started projects like this, only to "burn out" and give up. On the other hand, some guys with real skills and money turn these boats into gems. Try to find a small boat that runs but needs some cosmetic work. That way you can use the boat while you work on it. I see them on Craigslist every day.

ssn756

Seaman

Just wanted to close this thread out with a sincere thanks to everyone who posted. I finally got this thing off the trailer and should be making room in the driveway for a newer bayliner. Just wanted to show the final farewell of her going to the dump.

d923f2f2.jpg

getting pulled off the trailer by some bulldozer, kinda felt bad she was going to be squashed but no-one would take her.

9d60ce3a.jpg

Now that's over this is my new baby. I'll be starting a new thread once I get the engine started and the restoration begins. 1991 2655 Bayliner

2a68712b.jpg

Raystownboater

Chief Petty Officer

I've already been looking in backyards and craigslist.

Ebay has some really good deals on boats right now. Just tonight there are quite a few turn key auctions going for less than $4k. If you are looking for a project, look for a "boat angel" auction.

Raystownboater

Chief Petty Officer

Ebay has some really good deals on boats right now. Just tonight there are quite a few turn key auctions going for less than $4k. If you are looking for a project, look for a "boat angel" auction.

Disregard my post. That's a nice looking replacement!

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade

SSN, I read this and seen your pics of your boat at the dump and thought no,no,no, and felt real bad for it but then I seen your new boat and I don't feel bad for it anymore.

Congrats on the new boat, Its real nice.

jonesg

Admiral

Good decision, but the newer bayliner needs attention.
The cushioned bolsters are rotted by the stains running down the gunnel skirts.
Also the rear railing is notorious for working loose, they need proper backing inside the gunnels.
It never ends.

ssn756

Seaman

SSN, I read this and seen your pics of your boat at the dump and thought no,no,no, and felt real bad for it but then I seen your new boat and I don't feel bad for it anymore.

Congrats on the new boat, Its real nice.

Thanks I felt the same way.

Good decision, but the newer bayliner needs attention.
The cushioned bolsters are rotted by the stains running down the gunnel skirts.
Also the rear railing is notorious for working loose, they need proper backing inside the gunnels.
It never ends.

I have to go check those terms out. that's how new I am. but that's what a dictianary and google's for. thanks "jonesg".

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

I know its Impossible to think...but Im actually looking for a *cough* tinny *cough* ;) .

And Im a glass guy lol :)

YD.

And a tinny? I think you've been glassing without your respirator again.

ljc1957

Petty Officer 2nd Class

SSN, I think you made the right call. That's a nice looking Bayliner! Good luck and keep us posted.