Fingerlakes Waterfall/ hiking trail " Covid Usage " up or still ok?

matt167

Captain
I'm taking my Fiance on a trip when we get a chance in early September somewhere and I was thinking Fingerlakes since I know all of the Falls from Ithaca up to even Letchworth.. She has never been but does like hiking and waterfalls.

I live in the Catskills and we are getting bombarded with out of towners in our swimming holes, hiking trails and trash littering everything.. Anyone know if the Fingerlakes is fairing similar? I'd be thinking of Robert H. Treeman, Taughanock Falls trail and probably the Glen Gorge

briangcc

Commander
We went to Taughanock Falls about a month or so ago. It was crowded then at the parking lot and in the "stream" if you will that flows from the falls into the lake. The trails weren't bad as they are very wide. Signs all over the place, including on the trail, to use a mask. Generally speaking most people were abiding by the rules.

About a week before that trip we went to Letchworth - probably a bit more crowded and the trails were narrower so distancing became an issue.

A lot can change between my visit and when you may be taking your trip. I'd suggest asking again closer to the actual trip.