field boats

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: field boats

Hello, Yes my boat is a 1956 Larson v bottom boat my grandpa had in his pasture for 7 years sitting there rotting. He ask me if I wanted it with title. It had all seats side boards rotted to just dirt. had holes all in it. I brought it up to my husband He said "is THAT THE BOAT?" I said yes is'nt she pretty! that was two years ago. Last summer we had her out every weekend and It has never let us down, even the 1956 7.5 engine. How do post photos? I would post before and after photos. serenity

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Now see Serenity has the idea. I just hate seeing those boats rotting in some field. Seems a shameful waste. Sorry Serenity, I can't help about the photo's. My own attempts have been an embarrassment, but someone will help you out.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by magster65:<br /> This is kinda' cool.<br />Not really a field boat but... thought it was neat looking.
I believe that would fall into the category of "Room Ornaments".... snick!<br /><br />Someone was clever with that idea though.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I got me one o them there yard boats! Wife seen it along the road for sale cheap and had always wanted one for a flower bed. By that evening t was set in the yard. Over the next days I ripped non structural components out and propped it up a bit on it's side filled her with dirt. The wife painted it up nice and planted...I gotta say it looks rather nice. But wait...that's not all, hey ya cannot call it a collection if ya only have one piece of the set! I also have an old plow as well as a waggon axle and wheel flower beds. Wonder how long it will take to complete the "Set". Hey if it keeps momma happy...I'm happy. We Have decided that if we see anymore noice old farm implements that are priced right they will lickley end up in the collection.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I saw an old wood cabin cruiser turned into a Kids clubhouse/jungle-jim.Pretty cool. :cool:

Andrew Leigh

Chief Petty Officer

A little way from Cape Town, South Africa someone has had an ingenious idea for a resturaunt. The place is called "Die Strandloper" which directly translated means "The Beachcomber".<br /><br />The venue is "built" on sand dunes from flotsam and jetsam and they have used a multitude of old boats as decor, not to mention bouys bits of rope etc.<br /><br />Standard set menu of seafood only, all the food is prepared over open fires in full view of all the diners in three legged cast iron pots.<br /><br /> Have a look here to see the place <br /><br />Cheers<br />Andrew

Grant S

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I couldnt see any diners in three legged pots! ;)

Marc J.

Petty Officer 1st Class

The Shriners in Hartwell,GA have a boat/car hybrid. It looks really cool going down the road. I will try to get a pic to post.