Fiber glass work

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fiber glass work

CB77,

I have said it before and I'll say it again, this forum is FULL of examples of GREAT restoration projects JUST LIKE YOURS!! Do some searching and Reading and you'll find most of the answers to your questions.

Pre-Coat ALL of your wood with the SAME resin you will be using for the Glass. When it drys coat it again and WHILE IT IS STILL WET apply the CSM and smooth it out so NO air bubbles are evident.

RedFury is right YOU should get a small piece of plywood and practice first, or you will have a disaster on your hands.

Calebbrown77

Seaman

Thanks for the fast reply I am goin to try an do resin today on a extra piece of ply after I get everythig cleaned up on the boat so it's ready!!

Calebbrown77

Seaman

Ok today I was offered a 1989 VIP valiant that I was looking at before for cheaper just without the engine an I have my 305 Volvo out of my bayliner woul this fit in this boat?

redfury

Commander

IF they both have the same outdrives, then yes...but you may have to change a few things for the motor ( mounts, fuel lines, throttle, etc ) I'm not familiar enough to say this for certain though. You'd be best off asking that question in the proper forum for motors and drives, that's where the engine guys live.