feeling abandoned in forum :(

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: feeling abandoned in forum :(

Ok 12Footer, Now that I know you are not "outbdpart", I'll come clean. <br /><br />Actually I knew it wasn't you, just by reading his listings, and comparing with your forthright and detailed writing style.<br /><br /> Yes his prices are high, especially on the used electonics and the saltwater corroded lowers and tnt units.<br />I did buy some minor part or manual from him last year.<br />This year, he listed a mint condition complete tilt n trim unit off a 70 hp, buy it now for something like $59. <br /><br />I bought it, paid via paypal, within 2 hours of him listing it.<br />Then I waited, emails unanswered, phone calls unanswered.<br />Finally after two weeks he says he shipped it right after I paid for it. But can't find the tracking number. ??<br />Then tells me he has another one, but the price is $100 more.<br /><br />A week later I receive refund plus $5 extra.<br />Then he relisted the item, for $169.<br /><br />Not a big deal to me as I was just buying spare parts to store in the boat shed. He just made a mistake in the listing and found a way to get out of it.<br /><br />He must have one huge pile of motors to work with.<br /><br />Have agree with eurolarva on the "electronics".<br />There are so many different ignition systems on these motors.<br />I would like to help more on these questions. But don't have an hour to read my manual, and 3 hours to type in all the troubleshooting techniques, most of which I have never performed myself.<br /><br />Well guys, the original purpose of this thread was to invite a few of you to check in on the Chr/Force forum. Looks like that is happening.<br />Even saw JB in there passing on some of his know how. <br />Thanks guys.