fast inflatable

johnny mav.

Cadet
I have a 12ft novarania inflatable with a vee hull and a 70 hp evinrude what prop would you recomend for top speed

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
What!!!! What's the max HP is the 12 Ft Rib rated for ? Was it rigged at a dealer or by an extreme boater ? Such size Rib with a 70 HP is surely over rated ? Needed Data for the rest of the equation :

-How many souls will be on board ?
-Current prop diam/pítch, number of blades ?
-Motor WOT RPM range factory stated ?
-Max achieved WOT RPM as loaded ?

To test the last two will need to buy an induction tach for a 3 cylinder motor, install it next to the tiller grip, program the spark firing sequence and go testing the Rib at open water.

Happy Boating

Attachments

• Induction Tach 1.jpg
    Induction Tach 1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Induction Tach 2.jpg
    Induction Tach 2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

dwco5051

Commander
It has been a boring winter and I would love to go along on that test ride. That boat is rated at 30hp max. A little excitement to take my mind off shoveling snow.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
It has been a boring winter and I would love to go along on that test ride. That boat is rated at 30hp max. A little excitement to take my mind off shoveling snow.
A 70 HP will blow not only your mind away, include yourself out of the Rib. Have you tested the combo package previously at wot ? The issue with a 70 HP motor it's darn s too heavy, will need a heavy champ to sit as a bow mask up front to balance and distribute the deck load evenly across the entire hull. If not the boat will achieve a bow up attitude.

Personally wouldn't dare install a 70 HP motor on a 3.65 Mtr Rib rated for a 30 HP motor, max would be a 40 HP one. At wot that boat should have a nervous behavior specially if tiller driven which don't know if it's the case ?

Happy Boating​

Stinnett21

Chief Petty Officer
I assume he's talking about an old Johnrude looper. Probably no heavier than the modern 40 4stroke. Sounds like a fun setup. Get ready to wear ear protection and goggles. She's gonna fly!