Failure for site to update post responses

jbcurt00

Staff member
Maybe they should just shut it all down til vB gets it figured out. Might even get them to issue iboats a refund....... Guess I 'm a much more patient man then I (AND EVERYONE who knows me) thought...... I've got problems posting and following the forum from my cellphone, but istill seem to manage to get it done.......

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Boat Topics and Questions (not engine topics) New to boating by pckeen
Today, 11:21 AM

7 new post after this one as late as 9:41 pm an this site can't update?
How long does it take? It's been what 2 months?

Can explain what you are writing about? I see posts in the sub-forum as late as 10:41 PM, it's now 10:47 PM.

EDIT - I finally stumbled on what you referred to. If you would have said there was a difference in last post in the Forum index and the list of topics in the sub-forum. The link you posted just goes to the sub-forum and shows all the posts after the one you referred to. And it's more like four months since the version update.

Last edited:

Fun Times

Staff member
While there are still some known time delays for posts or topics they are sporadic on different sub-forums and they're typically noticed on the main forum home page but most of the time once you open one of the sub-forums the times are usually correct. Like the one in question, right now I see it on the main home page as 8:21 AM (PST) but once I open the sub-forum I see the last post was Today, 01:18 PM which is correct. Other sub-forums are a bit more accurate like the trailer sub-forum for example but not the prop forum.

I believe the tech crew would be able to adjust some of this time delay out but I believe they are waiting more on vbulletins to get their things together/in order before trying to make a lot of big internal changes only to have Vbulletins change it all around again on their next big update soon to be released from what I understand as they are still working on a lot of the problems we all still see today. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-1-3-connect-release-candidate-1-is-available

I know you've all heard it a few times before, but if possible please try to continue to stay patient for the forum as eventually things will get back a user friendly environment.;)

Thanks everyone!:)

toneeees

Administrator
While there are still some known time delays for posts or topics they are sporadic on different sub-forums and they're typically noticed on the main forum home page but most of the time once you open one of the sub-forums the times are usually correct. Like the one in question, right now I see it on the main home page as 8:21 AM (PST) but once I open the sub-forum I see the last post was Today, 01:18 PM which is correct. Other sub-forums are a bit more accurate like the trailer sub-forum for example but not the prop forum.

I believe the tech crew would be able to adjust some of this time delay out but I believe they are waiting more on vbulletins to get their things together/in order before trying to make a lot of big internal changes only to have Vbulletins change it all around again on their next big update soon to be released from what I understand as they are still working on a lot of the problems we all still see today. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...1-is-available

I know you've all heard it a few times before, but if possible please try to continue to stay patient for the forum as eventually things will get back a user friendly environment.;)

Thanks everyone!:)

The programmers at iboats.com are holding off on any big changes until the new update is released. We are experiencing issues with the forum database locking up, and believe this is causing a majority of the problems with posting, editing, images, etc. The new update shows a few database lock up issues being corrected, so we hope this will solve a big chunk of the current forum bugs. Once the update is complete, we will go from there on adding the features everyone misses from the previous versions.

We understand the frustrations of all our members, the upgrade has definitely hurt us as well. Please continue to be patient as we continue to work on the bugs that we can.

Last edited: