fabric for beds

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
did a search for 'fabric' and all it turned up was 12,862 thread on fiberglass so hope not too redundant of a post here.

I'm making new beds for the Carver and not sure what kind of fabric to be looking at to wrap the foam in. There are soooo many and not sure what best suited for a boat cabin.

cotton, ply, blend, muslin, heavy, medium...

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: fabric for beds

did a search for 'fabric' and all it turned up was 12,862 thread on fiberglass so hope not too redundant of a post here.

I'm making new beds for the Carver and not sure what kind of fabric to be looking at to wrap the foam in. There are soooo many and not sure what best suited for a boat cabin.

Ayuh,....In the cabin, Dry,..?? 'bout any upholstery fabric will work just fine,...

I did all the cushions, both in the cabin, 'n cockpit with really nice sunbrella, salvaged from junked out boat tops/ covers,...

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

yessir in the cabin, dry - assuming ii get my leaks at the rail stanchions sealed.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Not sure I get what you mean. The link is correct. When you get there, on the left hand side of the page is the menu to his store with all the various kinds of material he carries. Vinyl, Sunbrella etc... You can pick from all the various Colors and patterns.