Explosives mystery solved

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Explosives mystery solved

"Mystery solved"??<br /><br />We don't allow juries to reach conclusions until and unless they have heard all of the facts and claims, not after each witness, and "anonymous sources" are NEVER acceptable evidence.<br /><br />I guess a few are quick to believe that some new claim is "proof" of what they wanted to believe anyway.

oddjob

Commander

Also Scott, a nice brief on the milestones of this event. It would be interesting if you could (if time allows)post them again with the when, how, and who aspect part of the report.

oddjob

Commander

You should run for office oddjob.<br />
Well ...a-hem!...thank you... :D ...<br /><br />Seriously, you've read my limited vocabulary...you think W's a red neck? you aint seen nothin. And I distain too much articulation.. :)

LubeDude

Admiral

If you think GW knows "everything" that goes on durring this war you have a weird Idea about war. Things go down that are never aired. Way too much to "Phone home" after everything that goes on. The military deals with what they can at the time. To think that somehow the military contacted GW when they came up on these explosives and asked him what to do and he said something to the effect of, " Naw, aint no big deal leave em there" is just perposturous. The military does what they think best at the time. GW does know what he hears from his advisors, and no more.<br /><br />Its a war, what happens happens, good and bad, we are so fortunate that we didnt have 10s of thousands dead. Maybe if we did, we wouldnt be picking at straws.

gaugeguy

Captain

Even if the article is true, imagine the headlines if the soldiers opened up and shot all those civilians that were looting...just imagine what would have been said.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

I never claimed GW personally let this happen. I know he didn't. But the fact that we went into Iraq with a few hundred thousand troops fewer than was needed is directly his fault, and thats why the site was looted. The site was guarded, we know that now. But what are 12 guards gonna do against over 100 vehicles swarming the place? If they fired so much as 1 round they would probably not be alive today to tell us about it. The troops even requested help from Baghdad, but help never came. The thought to guard the site was there, just not enough man power to make it a reality, which is a much different picture than what the admin was trying to make it look like. They tried to make it look like the explosives were already gone. That is a lie, no matter how you spin it.

oddjob

Commander

I dont recall The Prez commenting on this issue.<br /><br />Also, I dont recall prez Lincoln being blamed for the many defeats against a smaller, lesser trained, poorly equiped Rebel force Commanded simply by a superior General. Robert E. Lee. <br /><br />He (Abe) went through alot of generals and men extending both the war length and loss of life on both sides. <br /><br />It makes your argument look petty and childish IMHO. I cant help but scoff at the idea. Nothing personal.<br /><br /><br />Also in your above post you said that you didnt think that he (GB) had anything to do with this..Then you end by saying that (they) lied no matter how you spin it. Who are they?...Scott...

aspeck

Staff member

One thing that raises doubts in my mind - over 100 vehicles waiting for the munitions. Looters. Hmmm, would not be too concerned about the Regulatory Commissions seal. Why then did they go through the duct work, which would have been more difficult, than the front door. Hmmm, looters, mob action, doesn't sound like it, but then again, you never know. Too many funny stories circulation. One reporter arrives there and there are no explosives, then there are. I will wait for the "official" version, then I will see what report I believe.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

18724660.jpg

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by oddjob:<br /> I dont recall The Prez commenting on this issue.<br /><br />Also, I dont recall prez Lincoln being blamed for the many defeats against a smaller, lesser trained, poorly equiped Rebel force Commanded simply by a superior General. Robert E. Lee. <br /><br />He (Abe) went through alot of generals and men extending both the war length and loss of life on both sides. <br /><br />It makes your argument look petty and childish IMHO. I cant help but scoff at the idea. Nothing personal.<br /><br /><br />Also in your above post you said that you didnt think that he (GB) had anything to do with this..Then you end by saying that (they) lied no matter how you spin it. Who are they?...Scott...
They is the administration. GW didn't personally decide not to have the enough troops there, but his policies are the cause of the problem(not enough troops). The administration(which he is the head of) did comment on the situation. Are you really telling me that there was no position from the WH on this issue? The WH position is the presidents position. They are the same thing. :rolleyes:

oddjob

Commander

GW didn't personally decide not to have the enough troops there, but his policies are the cause of the problem(not enough troops).
Thats an interesting statement. No more comment from me on that. And I havn't been watching the TV media much lately..

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

I meant it wasn't his personal decision for not enough troops at the ammo site.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

By that logic (the guy in charge is responsible for everything that happens) Billary Clinton is responsible for the "dot.com" bubble-burst that wiped out a few TRILLION bux in American capital, crooked corporate officers bilking employees and the public of a few BILLION more, the attack on 9/11/01, outsourcing of jobs, skyrocketing health care costs, and the flood of illegal immigrants. Oh, and the lousy weather in 1999 and 2000, too. <br /><br />See? If you want to attack someone, you can find fodder.<br /><br />Let it rest, please. Nobody, including Jesus Christ, ever lived without being vulnerable to mean spirited attack.