Experts? Extracting model # from serial # only?

RavenTBK

Cadet
Got a new-to-me outboard last season. Didnt do too much research on it, as it ran beautifully, and simply had it rigged up on my boat and forgot about it.

Now I've run into a bad regulator this season, and cant find my model number to purchase a replacement. Is there any way to find the model number based on the serial number?

I've attached photos of the "disc" and the transom sticker. As you can see, the disc only bears the serial, and the sticker is destroyed in the model number section. Again, only the serial remains.

Any experts able to hash it out?

Warning, very hi res images. 56k fail.
http://www.fjeer.us/disc.jpg
http://www.fjeer.us/sticker.jpg

edit: I guess it would help if I put what I do know into the posting.
90HP Johnson, Power T&T, water cooled regulator, I seem to recall being told it was a 1994, but am unsure, which is why I need to track down the model from the serial.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: Experts? Extracting model # from serial # only?

You would need a dealer to contact BRP to confirm, but it's most likely a 1995 model.

jonesg

Admiral

Can you not get he part number from the regulator?
What about part number from the powerpack.

Rick.

Captain

Looks like your serial number is almost ready to disappear as well. I had a similar situation and I took the number from the disc and called Evinrude's customer service number and they gave me all the information I needed for my 95- 40 HP Johnson. Best of luck. Rick.

RavenTBK

Cadet

Can you not get he part number from the regulator?
What about part number from the powerpack.

No to both. The powerhead has been "painted" with some kind of thick black paint type stuff. Simply unhooking the terminal strip to do the Reeves test on the regulator was interesting. A bit of surgery with the pocketknife was required..

RavenTBK

Cadet

Looks like your serial number is almost ready to disappear as well. I had a similar situation and I took the number from the disc and called Evinrude's customer service number and they gave me all the information I needed for my 95- 40 HP Johnson. Best of luck. Rick.

I seem to recall seeing a customer service number somewhere on the BRP site while I was searching for answers yesterday. I figured it was just a simple sales/questions number and not something I should call for more detailed information. I'll look it up again and give it a shot. Thanks.

heebeha

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Call Customer Support Services at 847-689-7090
I just did and they guy was super helpful. He gave me the identification number from the serial number on my engine and it came up as a 150hp engine where the outside cover says its a 175.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

Possibly tracing the ownership trail backwards would bring forth the paperwork with the model number on it. Worth a try.