Exhaust Bellows, Alpha 1 Gen 2

AKJohne

Petty Officer 1st Class
Last year I had the drive off and resealed the gearcase/s, replaced all the bellow's and hoses (OEM). While doing some maintenance I noticed the exhaust bellows has come loose from the outdrive. I have read enough to believe the exhaust tube is a acceptable alternative. I have a large platform on the back and I dont think noise will be a issue as this is a cabin boat. I actually bought a exhaust tube and never used it when I redid this because it seems like such a flimsy thing. Pulling the drive is not a huge deal if in fact it is the better way to go. I did use bellow's adhesive and try to park the boat with the drive down when not in use. I guess my question is, do I need to actually remove the bellows and replace with the tube? Or can I just trim the bellows and leave that as the tube? This boat likes to run with the drive all the way down/forward and it seems like the bellow's is just barely touching the flange with the drive down... Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
do I need to actually remove the bellows and replace with the tube? Or can I just trim the bellows and leave that as the tube? This boat likes to run with the drive all the way down/forward and it seems like the bellow's is just barely touching the flange with the drive down... Thanks

There is no issue with just leaving it as-is. Replacing with a tube will have to more effect then the way it is now