Evinrude Fleetwin 7.5 Motor

SAMJACK19

Cadet
Hi I have a Fleetwin 7.5 motor that I`m trying to change the oil in. I dont know where to take out the oil or where to out it in at, I`m a green horn.
I don`t know if Fleetwin 7.5 is the model or if there is a actural number of the motor, I can`t find anything that saids model number. any help greatly appreciated Thanks

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude Fleetwin 7.5 Motor

You should get yourself a service manual.There may be after market manuals here at iboats.or try the library and ebay.
ID plate usually appears on top of the mounting bracket.
If no plate on the bracket take a look on the power head for a soft plug(a quarter sized disc in the power head).Number may begin with 75.
Is it a full gear shift using a twin hose tank? Look for drain (lower screw)and vent screws Upper screw) on the gearcase Large, slotted flat head screws (DON"T REMOVE THE SMALLER PHILLIPS HEAD SCREW).Remove the screws drain oil.Fill through the drain hole till lube comes out the vent hole.Insert vent screw then drain screw.

SAMJACK19

Cadet

Yes Admiral it has the double hose on the gas tank. I never throught to look on the gearcase. At least I thing I know what the gearcase look like. Would that be the part that goes down in the water that the Fan Blade connects. If so I was surely lost because I was looking on and around the Motor block for the Oil drain and Vent.

I know theres another name for that thing I call a Fan Blade, I just can thing of it rite now. I was begaining to thing the Oil I put in the gas was all the Oil this thing needed.

I just aquired this Motor along with a 10' Sea Nimp and the Motor runs Very well. I just want to change the Oil to be sure I want be having know trouble with this Motor.

freddyray21

Commander

there is no oil in the crankcase to change. It is a two cycle motor. Mix one quart of outboard two cycle oil with 6 gallons of gas. The gear case will have gear lube in it. It should be drained and checked then refilled. On the bottom of the gearcase. btw that is a prop not a fan, there should be two flathead screws. As already stated don't touch the phillips one. On flat head will be marked drain and the top will say something like use hyphoid oil only. Put a drain pan under it and take both those screws out. Black oil should come out. if it looks milky or brown them you have a mix of water in their. feel the oils for metal shavings. If it has some time to take the case apart. Not too bad a job. If oil is black with no water and no shavings refill the case. Fill from the bottom until it comes out the top. Use new washers on the screws. It should also get a new impeller, but that is a different thread.

SAMJACK19

Cadet

Thanks alot everyone got the Oil changed and this Motor is running good.
Appreciate the Help Thanks

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Way to go. Be careful if you haven't boated much you should take a safe boating course.Wear a life jacket.Be careful moving around you could end up in the water in the wink of an eye.Boating is teriffic fun Had my Folks gave me my own boat when I was 6,also a 10 footer.
Be sure you know your waters,you can tear up a prop real easy on a pile of rocks or something.