Evinrude 1977 115 115793s water pump replacement HELP

hauke196

Recruit
I had just picked up a project boat, that has a 1977 evinrude 115 with number 115793s.

It sat for 13 years without being ran, gas was drained before hand. Threw a batter in it, and it started right up. Problem is it wasn't peeing water, so I've come to conclusion the water pump is bad.
My replacement kit had just come in, and I can't figure out how to drop the lower unit.
Can't find any manuals or videos of showing what I'm doing wrong. I've taken out the 4 main bolts, is there something I'm missing.

All the videos I have seen are different models, and years. And look different than what I'm dealing with. Any help would be appreciated!!

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
did you remove trim tab....there is a bolt under the trim tab.

shift rod has a connector on top also show your engine mdl # !!

1684371281694.png

hauke196

Recruit
did you remove trim tab....there is a bolt under the trim tab.
yup, i had found 2 bolts from the bottom that I had missed, but also read that the shift linkage has to be removed. so ive been searching for that now with no luck. i took all the bolts out and the lower is able to drop like 1/2 an inch. Cant find that shift linkage bolt.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Find the 2 arms near the bottom carburetor ???-----Use a 5/8" wrench to spread those arms.----Release pin under bottom carburetor.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Loosen the bolt with a 5/8" wrench.-----Spread the arms to release pin.