Don't the Petty Officers run the Navy? :p

phatmanmike

Captain
Re: Everyone has gotten a demotion

what the heck is JB's title now, with his 12 trillion posts and all

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Do we all have to paint our boats grey now? Can I get my fake deck gun now? Huh? Can I, can I? And maybe a water baloon launcher? Gotta be able to defend ourselves on the high seas, you know! :p :D <br />What a motley rag tag outfit this fleet would be! :D But I like it!

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Mods! While you are at it can we get some new nautical "instant Graemlins"? Who uses the sailboat smiley? I've seen nautical flags, too, if the webmaster ever gets too bored and needs something else to add. <br /><br />The upgrades are really nice and very welcome. Good job iboats staff!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Bearcat Powered:<br /> Can I get my fake deck gun now? Huh? Can I, can I?
Didn't you know that guns were evil Bearcat. Ya don't even want to pretend. It's not PC! :p

marcmccain

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll probably be a deck swabber 'till the day I retire.

11 footer

Lieutenant

The Navy should have trained me better, I don't even know what my title means, :p

gonfishn

Commander

Ryan we use to call them Butter Bars..Book smart with no experience.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Boomyal, Nope I don't understand much of anything in that ridiculous arrogant nonsense PC language! I refuse to, as do the majority of fine folks here. Thank God! I started to write about how dim an opinion I have of the narrow, arrogant, nonsequitur PC philosophy, but decided not to since it wasn't in keeping with the theme of this thread.... :D ;) :p :D

ob

Admiral

RyanT,The ensign rank is what Pulver (played by Jack Lemmon)was on the movie "Mr. Roberts." Sort of a Lt. JG in training.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Bearcat....ya' wanna say that in Englianese so I can understand whut it wuz ya' said??? :)

Homerr

Commander

Admiral to lieutenant....<br /><br />Wow...<br /><br />Who's Cheerios did I pee in?<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />H.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Posting just to see what comes up. Hope I aint deck scrubber

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

E1 Seaman recruit<br />E2 Seaman apprentice<br />E3 Seaman<br />E4 Petty Officer 3rd Class<br />E5 Petty Officer 2nd Class<br />E6 Petty Officer 1st Class<br />E7 Chief Petty Officer<br />E8 Senior Cheif Petty Officer<br />E9 Master Chief Petty Officer or GOD<br /><br />01 Ensign<br />02 Lieutenant Junior Grade<br />03 Lieutenant <br />04 Lieutenant Commander<br />05 Commander<br />06 Captain<br /><br />Not sure on the rest<br /><br />07 Rear Admiral<br />08 Admiral<br />09 Fleet Admiral<br /><br />If memory is correct (shich probably not) is the ranking in the Navy.. Geeesh its been along time.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

OBJ, <br />I refuse to be "politically correct", meaning I think too much (and am too conservative) to go along with the silly games that the way far left has dreamed up. And I'm glad there are a lot of decent common sense folks who agree with me on that point right here on this board!<br />But I have a feeling you probably caught my meaning before and just had to give me a hard time about HOW I said it, huh? Did I say it better this time? :D

bubbakat

Captain

Well what will admin think of next :D :D <br />I bet my pay was reduced to :D :D

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

It's OK bubba....I'll share my pencils with ya'. Maybe we can get enough for a cup of coffee if we sell enough.<br /><br />OK. How do I get the smiley faces?

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Awhhh.. Come on Admin5.. Commmander? Cheeze whizzzzz! I can't take that kind of pay cut... <br /> :D <br />Well, maybe a pay cut would be ok, but a discount in the Mega Mall might help make up for the cut?... :D <br /><br />Wait.... Admin... Your not going to take away the health benefits, are you? :confused:

fireship1

Chief Petty Officer

Hello all, I was searching around and I found the list of ranks dictated by posts. Here they are:<br /><br />Posts Title <br />0 Cadet <br />30 Seaman Apprentice <br />50 Seaman <br />75 Petty Officer 3rd Class <br />100 Petty Officer 2nd Class <br />200 Petty Officer 1st Class <br />400 Chief Petty Officer <br />650 Senior Chief Petty Officer <br />800 Master Chief Petty Officer <br />900 Ensign <br />1000 Lieutenant Junior Grade <br />1250 Lieutenant <br />1500 Lieutenant Commander <br />2000 Commander <br />3000 Captain <br />4000 Rear Admiral <br />5000 Vice Admiral <br />6000 Admiral <br />7500 Fleet Admiral <br />10000 Supreme Boating Fool <br /><br />I guess JB is the only supreme boating fool on the board, I like his chosen name much better though "ancient mariner" ;)