Ever own a Sleeper Car?

ehenry

Commander
Re: Ever own a Sleeper Car?

I'll tell ya but I'm going to let ya think about it for a while. Look close at it you'll probably figure it out.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

The bumper and hubs remind me of a blazer, full size maybe late 80's early 90's.

ehenry

Commander

DDAWG, you're close but, nope. Look again. Heres a hint....look at the steering wheel.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Is that a Jeep wheel? Only 1 cross peice, not centered crossed low. <br />Could be a Bronco but the bumper (assuming the bumper is original) doesn't resemble a Bronco.<br />Second guess I'd say Jeep.

ehenry

Commander

Its a 78 model F250 that'd been wrecked. All 4 corners and the roof were messed up pretty bad. The drive train wasn't hurt. Bought for next to nothing from an insurance company.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I had a nasty looking 77 Chevy Malibu Classic 4 door. Primered black, chicken wire grill, steel wheels, and a 350/350 combo that just burned tires like they were nothin'. I would just smoke dudes at the light all day long. Of course, that was in my younger, less enlightend days.. :) <br /><br />A great sleeper for its day was the late 80s Dodge Omni GLH. It was an ugly, 4 door hatchback with a 2.2 turbo'd mill in it and a good suspension package. With the right tweaking, I saw those things eat stock Mustang 5.0s for lunch. But they were so ugly, you really had to want a sleeper to drive those things...

dhud64

Petty Officer 1st Class

72 Gran Torino with a built 351 cleveland/400 heads on it, automatic transmission. This was my first ride. It was an ugly green so I spray painted it primer gray, with a red primer hood stripe. I always wanted to paint it canary yellow, never did.<br />It was a sleeeeper! You could be going down the highway at 55ish, punch it and bark the tires. We also used to go out back at the restaurant I worked at, pour bleach on the ground and smoke the livin crap out of my m50's.

RichP1269

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Out of high school I had a '74 Porsche 914, stock engine was a 2.0 liter, air cooled 4 banger. Well, being young with more experience with cubic inches than cubic centimeters, I swapped that stock engine out for a fresh 327. Imageine a car weighing 1900 pounds, sitting 3 inches off the ground, with 350 horses mounted at the mid point. Can you say 'vette killer?