Ever hear of this engine rebuilder ???

backwater dawg

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
183
I blew my 1988 Merc 260 and have decided to replace it with a rebuilt longblock--someone on this site suggested a Comp called S&S Engines out of Spokane Wash---they market under the name and website "Rebuilt Auto Car N' marine engines co"---I can buy a rebuilt longblock 260 for $1285 plus core and shipping---that seems almost too cheap ??? Anyone ever used their products--any input would be great---thanks Steve
 

backwater dawg

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
183
Re: Ever hear of this engine rebuilder ???

OK--no one seems to know these guys----how about your favorite engine rebuilds---thanks Steve
 

THE BEEF

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
432
Re: Ever hear of this engine rebuilder ???

OK--no one seems to know these guys----how about your favorite engine rebuilds---thanks Steve

A friend of mine owns a auto repair shop.
He uses Jasper rebuilders. But there not cheap.
Other people here swear by a company out of FLA.
but I can't remember there name.Someone will come up with it.
Beef
 

krisnowicki

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,172
Re: Ever hear of this engine rebuilder ???

rapido marine out of miami is awesome good them.
 

backwater dawg

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
183
Re: Ever hear of this engine rebuilder ???

Thanks--any idea of a web address or phone # for Rapido ???---Come on guys--there must be LOTS of rebuilders out there---Thanks Steve
 

THE BEEF

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
432
Re: Ever hear of this engine rebuilder ???

Thanks--any idea of a web address or phone # for Rapido ???---Come on guys--there must be LOTS of rebuilders out there---Thanks Steve

THATS the one I was trying to think of!
I heard good stuff about them.

Beef
 

metro3pilot

Seaman Apprentice
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
40
Re: Ever hear of this engine rebuilder ???

I purchased 4.3 from rapido July this year.

I have about 40 hours on it now ..runs great, no problems
 

backwater dawg

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
183
Re: Ever hear of this engine rebuilder ???

Thanks for the responses guys---come on there must be more rebuilders that I can check out----thanks Steve
 

wca_tim

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
May 28, 2007
Messages
1,708
Re: Ever hear of this engine rebuilder ???

What are you looking for?

If you want to go cheap, Rapido is probably a good choice...

if you want to get a new long black that's an option...

If you want a performance engine built for marine use by someone that truly knows what it takes to build a marine engine that'll run hard and stay together, there are a few good ones out there. Although this may not be as expensive as some might think, it's not the cheap route.
 
Top