Evenrude 20Hp ?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The serial # on the block is different than on the transom bracket.------The decals on the cowling make it a 76 in my opinion.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The id tag on the transom bracket is off a 1966 model 18 hp.----But most will agree that the powerhead is not a 1966 model.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Yep...never know what is swapped out, traded, changed over or replaced on old motors.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
A Frankinrude

Low Tension Ignition rules out a 60s motor, as 73 was the first yr for it

Last edited:

stresspoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Maybe is was the “and boxing” part of your post.
That could be considered some form of profit.
Like the adds on tv that say free shipping just pay handling. That can sometimes be more than the product you’re purchasing.
Could be wrong it’s just a guess.
packaging up heavy parts ,as anyone that has shipped outboard parts would know can get costly .

i am sure my post was clear " just shipping and boxing was to be paid by whom ever wanted them.".no profit intended .I'm not that hungry for $$$$.
however , it would have been nice just to have at least some of my costs covered.it was not like i was asking for 2 hours labor to create a pallet , take to depot ,etc.

normally i would just factor these expenses/outlay into the price,
since the parts were offered for free i was unable to do that.

last box of bits i shipped costed around $100 in packaging materials just so as i was confident that they arrived in good order.

anyways nuff said , lesson learned, rules is rules , off to land fill or scrap metal with a bunch of perfectly good parts. ""SAD REALLY"" for an outboard enthusiast like myself to see this happen.
but im now downsizing and cant keep everything.

Last edited:

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
DON'T junk it ... offer it to folks on AOMCI, Market place or Craiglist style sites ....somebody will pick it up for spare parts.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
rules is rules !
that's the problem with society these days. too many of them.
Most Rules are there because of Problems, because there weren't Rules. The Problem with Society these Days, is that some people think they don't have to follow Rules, that they are Special. Legends in their own Minds, but nowhere else
In some cases, I think More Rules are Needed, and Severe Consequences for Violating them, Enforced

Speaking of Rules and Regs... Your Avatar shows an Inboard Engine. If it is Yours, it needs a few Parts changed to be Legal. It does not have a USCG approved Ignition System, and I doubt it has a USCG approved Carb

Last edited:

stresspoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Most Rules are there because of Problems, because there weren't Rules. The Problem with Society these Days, is that some people think they don't have to follow Rules, that they are Special. Legends in their own Minds, but nowhere else
In some cases, I think More Rules are Needed, and Severe Consequences for Violating them, Enforced

Speaking of Rules and Regs... Your Avatar shows an Inboard Engine. If it is Yours, it needs a few Parts changed to be Legal. It does not have a USCG approved Ignition System, and I doubt it has a USCG approved Carb
i live in Australia where life is not full of ""unruly rules yet'' , so i don't have to live by USCG ""RULES".

my apologies to Op for even thinking you may have wanted some parts for your motor, and posting .