Engine won’t crank 2007 Volvo d4-225-a/b

tarpontrout

Cadet
Has been running great Went to start today and won’t crank. When I turn key to on position all the gauges and accessories get power however I will not hear the beeping sound it usually does before I turn key to start position…. When I turn key to start position nothing but a click from engine

Just replaced batteries but checked power anyway looks good there … seems like getting enough voltage to starter

Any ideas ?

Buster53

Petty Officer 3rd Class
A couple things…is the gear shift lever in neutral? Do you have a kill lanyard hooked up to the ignition switch that isn’t seated properly? Battery cable connections may need to be tightened up…when not tight, instruments may still light up, but engine won’t start

Question, has the engine started at all after replacing batteries?

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Try pressing the switch on the dash that allows you to give throttle in neutral. Obviously make sure you aren’t in gear too.

alldodge

Staff member
Not getting a beep, check fuses on the motor.
There is also relays (small square boxes), have someone turn the key to ON and another feel the relays to see if they energize

Use a voltmeter and measure power at the main power relay or fuse to see if your getting power when key is turned ON

The starter relay is part of the starter and sits on top of the starter solenoid