Engine treatment?

Eric Johnson

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 29, 2013
Messages
6
I have a 94 johnson fast strike 150. I had problems with engine bogging down/ stalling and restarts. I put some Sierra engine treatment and it seem to run fine. When that gas ran out the problems re occured. I only used one bottle and will put another bottle in it today. What do you guys think of that product oppossed to others? IS there anything out there you think is better? My carbs probably needs a good cleaning, I never had it done in the 13 years I owned the boat. OH! it is on a Ranger 364 xt. LAstly how do I check the gas vent hose to see if its clogged and where is it? Thanks
 

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
20,826
Re: Engine treatment?

Check your compression, spark and if that's okay do the carbs.
 

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
May 15, 2011
Messages
1,895
Re: Engine treatment?

Change your spark plugs. Check out the fuel system for contamination, including the siphon hose into the bottom of the fuel tank.

Inspect the fuel filter and the rubber membrane in the fuel pump. 90/10 gasoline is tough on fuel systems and anything rubber.

I'd have the carb's cleaned every couple of years, as it's a regular maintenance job task. Try to run 100% gasoline in the future.
 
Top