Engine overheating, Jacuzzi jet drive

willawalla

Cadet
We just bought a used boat, came with a Jacuzzi jet drive and a rebuilt V8 Oldsmobile engine. The engine easily overheats...and ideas what the problem could be? Is the Jacuzzi a good brand?
Thanks

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: Engine overheating, Jacuzzi jet drive

Been awhile since I looked at one of those but I believe the water intake is from the pump bowl area and needs to go through a regulator because of the extreme pressure. Check the regulator and possibly a valve in the same area that allows you to run the boat out of the water. Check all the hoses for kinks and check your thermostat.

Previous owner may have also run in some shallow water and the engine is full of sand.

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Engine overheating, Jacuzzi jet drive

Check and make sure first the water supply hose form the pump isnt cracked or broken. make sure you get full water supply to the motor. The hose can be plugged up with sane. Take the water supply hose off and take your house water hose and try to blast it clean. ( had the same thing on a customers jet ski who called me because it was overheating) You shoudlnt have a thermostat on that but some guys put them on some guys run without them. Check and make sure the water passagen in the exhaust manifolds are not clogged ( basically take off the hoses going to the manifolds and then put your garden hose on there and push water therough them. The water shoudl be coming out from the through hull exhaust. Sounds more like a clogged line or possibly cracked broken line and the motor isnt getting any water to cool it than anything else.
ROb