emblems

swimmin' for shore

Chief Petty Officer
Re: emblems

One boat owner on here learned to make his. I think it may have been Mark42, but I can't recall for sure. Do a search for casting emblems. I'll bet you find it. Beyond that, there are a handful of makers that you can find online for vinyl stickers, and that isn't a bad way to go. Much less expensive. Good luck.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Kevin,<br /><br />My MFG was missing the emblems. I was able to borrow an emblem and made a mold using polyurathane molding compound and then cast new emblems using polyester resin. Took a dozen or so tries before I was able to pull a clean emblem without any air bubble defects. <br /><br />Also look on ebay. Search on emblems, logos, insignia, etc and you will find quite a few.<br /><br />And swimmin for shore has a good memory! I posted about those emblems months ago.<br /><br />Got so good at making them I sold a few on e-bay myself.<br />
photowork00064s.jpg

swimmin' for shore

Chief Petty Officer

Mark, make me a few for my fiberform(upcoming project). :) I wish I had the time, but I'm just bogged down between work, projects, motor problems, a girlfriend who's 2,000 miles away, and salmon that are dying to jump into my boat. LOL. As for my memory-it was a memorable post. If I didn't say it at the time, that was fantastic work. We can all learn something from you.

bekosh

Lieutenant

For my Sea Star I went with vinyl for the new emblems. One of the plastic ones was good so I scanned it into my computer and redrew it with Adobe Illustrator. Then I went thru Signs by You to get a set made. They have an online preview that allows you to upload a variety of graphic file types, including Illustrator files. Here's how it came out.<br />
Done6.jpg