electromechanical tilt motor volvo penta

tincup67

Cadet
i am trying to order a new tilt motor for my 87 bayliner capri volvo penta aq131a 275 drive. can anyone give me the part number i need to use, i cannot read mine. the volvo parts says it is a 850834 but when i search this part number on line i get a -3 on the end of the part number on sites like ebay and it says it will work on AQ131 but does not list AQ131A. Is AQ131 and AQ131A the same? Anyway i have found a lot of tilt motors on places like ebay but i just don't know what to order. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Rhino2006

Cadet
Re: electromechanical tilt motor volvo penta

i am trying to order a new tilt motor for my 87 bayliner capri volvo penta aq131a 275 drive. can anyone give me the part number i need to use, i cannot read mine. the volvo parts says it is a 850834 but when i search this part number on line i get a -3 on the end of the part number on sites like ebay and it says it will work on AQ131 but does not list AQ131A. Is AQ131 and AQ131A the same? Anyway i have found a lot of tilt motors on places like ebay but i just don't know what to order. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

If you find this let me know I'm looking for the same thing, if i happen to find one ill let you know.

tincup67

Cadet

forgive me if i seem a little slow but i clicked on the link you sent and i am looking for view id. 42120 but i don't see anything that says 42120. Is the Mallory power trim motor 9-18603 the one i need or will the Volvo-Penta Replacement Power Tilt and Trim Motor 6223 - Arco one work also? o.K. i see the 42120 is part of the link you sent. will either one of these work for me?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The - numbers were dropped by Volvo years ago, but the aftermarket companies keep using them. If you go to the link posted, the very first item is the one you want.

tincup67

Cadet

The - numbers were dropped by Volvo years ago, but the aftermarket companies keep using them. If you go to the link posted, the very first item is the one you want.

thanks for the help.

dennis461

Chief Petty Officer

I just replaced my tilt motor , 270 drive with this.
http://compare.ebay.com/like/130593809178?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

My only problem was the new motor did not come with mounting screws.
The two mounting screws from the original motor did not match the threads in the new motor.
And for all my skill and tooling, I could not determine the correct screw thread in the new motor housing.