EE BOATER, what did you get?

eeboater

Commander
Re: EE BOATER, what did you get?

Mine works the instant you press the unlock button. You can see the seats and mirrors move and everything.<br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well that's pretty smart then.<br />There will be 2 keyfobs, they both work different?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Here are some pictures the guys took of it right before they loaded it up.<br />
gc18oq.jpg
<br />
gc27je.jpg
<br />
gc33dj.jpg
<br />
gc48qu.jpg

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Well that's pretty smart then.<br />There will be 2 keyfobs, they both work different?
Yep, each keyfob is associated with a user's settings. So, your keyfob has your settings and wifey's keyfob has her own.<br /><br />I am ENVIOUS of you!!!!!!! It looks just like an updated version of mine!! You will love the color. Its kind of champagne colored, but more of a silver. If it is anything like mine, it will not show dirt easily.<br /><br />Sean<br /><br />
1387432-jpsmall.jpg

SpinnerBait_Nut

I got the memory set with the buttons inside on the door, but haven't figured out yet how to set it to the keyfob.<br />It can be done in the info center, just ain't fooled with it enough yet.<br /><br />Man, if and when you get ready to buy, contact these guys.<br />www.stevewhitemotors.com<br /><br />Ask for Tracy or Henry.<br />They are good people and will beat the local dealers by 2 or 3 K on price.<br />And they give ya top dollar on your trade, over the phone. They don't even have to see it.<br /><br />And they deliver to certain states, like mine for free.<br /><br />Just tell them Lester sent ya.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Well, went out and put about 100 miles on it today and must say am pretty impressed with the overall vehicle.<br /><br />Good ride, good engine response, great handling in the country roads and according to the onboard computer averaged about 18.7 MPG.<br /><br />Awesome sound system. Shania was rocking today. The Boston acoustics was doing a good job.<br /><br />The leather is nice with heated seats and lumbar support.<br /><br />Everything is pretty user friendly and in easy reach of the operator.<br /><br />The new tranny is slick.<br />While in drive, you can ratchet from right to left to downshift or upshift manually if you want or just leave it alone and it will do it on it's own.<br /><br />The 4.7 seems to have plenty power and no lag from a dead stop. Instant response. :)

eeboater

Commander

You know what you're going to love, is the Quadratrac. Jeep is the company that "perfected" the 4 wheel drive system. In Kentucky, you're not going to use it in snow that much, but honestly, it is much safer and easier to use. <br /><br />Another feature I use a lot in mine is the DTE in the onboard computer. Not sure if the new Grand has that feature as well, but I'm assuming it does. When you are on the way home from work, and realize you need gas, you can decide if you can go to the station by your house, which is cheaper, or if you have to go to the station right by your house.<br /><br />Also, now that you are an "Official" Jeep owner, I highly reccomend you attend a Jamboree. Not sure if you've ever heard of them before, but the only way you can get into a Jamboree is if you arrive Via Jeep. They have several different skill level trails you can go on. Mainly you'd stay on the easy level trails but in general it is fun to just go and hang out. You'll never meet a nicer group of people in your life. I always say that Jeep owners rank up there with Harley owners and boat owners. You're part of a "brotherhood" that you aren't aware of now!<br /><br />There appears to be 3 Jamborees in Kentucky alone!!<br /> http://jeepjamboreeusa.com/schedule.htm <br /><br />So, now I sound like a crazy coot, but I assure you, its great!<br /><br />Sean

eeboater

Commander

Well Lester, it's been a month!!<br /><br />What do ya think!? <br /><br />Also, can you do me a HUGE favor? Can you measure the vertical distance between the floor in the back and the roof? As you know, Jeep put the spare under the back instead of mounted up against the side of the cab like the old Grand Cherokees. I'm curious what the height difference is between yours and mine.<br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Sean, you mean in the cargo area or the rear seat area?

eeboater

Commander

Cargo Area ... I gotta make sure there is enough room for my St. Bernard. :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Will check tomorrow for you and let you know.<br />I really like it. It rides great, has a great sound system in it and the 4.7L engine has great response to it.

eeboater

Commander

Have you gotten to tow with it yet? That is the only dissapointing part of my current ZJ... the I6 is lacking in the guts area.<br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Hey Sean sorry about taking so long to get back to ya.<br />Been busy as all get out around here.<br />Anyway, inside with rear seat up is 51" tallX36"X36"

eeboater

Commander

Thanks Lester. Thats perfect -- should fit Norman just fine.