Ebay scammers

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Ebay scammers

I do completely agree that it is wrong, and would be extremely po'd if it happened to me also. I know it is against E-bay rules, says right in their policy. Only point I am trying is E-bay states it is a felony, but I can not find it in any statute books. Must be some kind of federal statute.<br />Violation of E-bay rules would however be a breach of contract with E-bay, and could result in a civil action.<br />Either way it stinks and they deserve to be punished.

woodrat

Ensign

I'm with deputy dawg on this one. against the rules? yes. sleazy? yes. but no is getting forced to keep bidding. People ought to take more responsibility for their own stupid decisions.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Whatever happened to the term "buyer beware"? I tell you what, I have seen so many people buy things for more than they are new that it isn't even funny. Shilling and padding is a bad thing that should be punished by fines. If a person got a good deal and is happy, and then the transaction is found to be fraudulant, he should get compensation, more to send a message to those who want to conduct fraudulant auctions. In the end though, we are responsible for our own finances, and common sense should win out over bidding frenzy.

code p1mp

Cadet

stupidity is breaking the law and then agreeing that you should be jailed.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by woodrat:<br /> I'm with deputy dawg on this one. against the rules? yes. sleazy? yes. but no is getting forced to keep bidding. People ought to take more responsibility for their own stupid decisions.
amen...nuf said:) And WELL said WR!!!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Stupidity takes on so many forms. ;) <br /><br />Pain is so straightforward.

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Now you can search on what a bidder has bid on over the last 30days. I always check up on the other people in the race, it shows up crystal clear if its a second account!. Then report them, ebay closes both accounts. Its now like a hobby you try it and see how many you can get suspended!

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Last time I checked using Ebay was optional.
Maybe for some of us, NY, but ya know, I know folks who are ADDICTED to eBay!!! Just sit there adn shop all day...'course they are both wimmen folk:D <br /><br />I think it is like gamblin', sorta, where ya just gotta bid and see if ya can win...

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Chris- Not all of them are that way though. Whenever I was still racing I would buy quite a few parts from one guy0 racinpartsales was his handle. Using your method I would lose my account.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Find item, check on shipping price, check on bidders (what they have been buying) to see how bad they want what I want, set in stone what I am willing pay, bid max bid the last second (that way no one can run it up on you). See if I won or lost . If won use pay-pal to pay for it as soon as auction is over. Move on. <br />Thanks for the http://www.auctionsniper.com/ tip. I have passed on things because I knew I wouldn't be around when the auction ended. Now I wont have to be.

sangerwaker

Commander

Hey Chris,<br />How do you look at what they have been BIDDING on? Can't you have a seperate buying and selling account?<br /><br />Ken,<br />How would this get you kicked off? Sorry, I'm just kinda confused. I've been pretty much using the system like f_inscreenname, but also using http://www.hammersnipe.com/ .

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Okay, pass the word on Blujay...sounds good, as I like free! (and just another way for me to spend money while sitting on my A$$)