Ebay Props, cheap right now.

LubeDude

Admiral
Man, the Stainless props are really going cheap right now, I just picked up a turbo II 25P for $76.00 Shipped. I bet I can sell it this summer for $150.00-200.00 if I decide I dont want to keep it. Ive been following for a few weeks, and they are really going cheap.<br /><br />Providing you can find what you want without a reserve, you can make a killing.

NathanY

Commander
Re: Ebay Props, cheap right now.

Buy me one too Ray, the send it to Kansas to let Kenny rework it for me. :D

Homerr

Commander

Lucky you... I run an 18p x 14.5 - 4 blade Mercrusier ...<br /><br />Those aren't cheap anywhere!<br /><br /><br />H.

sangerwaker

Commander

Yup, got me a 22 pitch Turbo for 68.00 a few weeks ago. Gotta love ebay!

Homerr

Commander

Find me one!!!<br /><br />4-blade 18p x 14.5"<br /><br />For Alpha 1, gen II<br /><br />H.

sangerwaker

Commander

Ya gotta not be quite that fussy, Homerr! I looked avery day for at least 6 weeks before I found mine. Takes patience and perseverence. Mine is only for a spare, and I know I can sell it and easily get my money back...maybe even more. You could probably find a 19 pitch 3 blade pretty easy.<br /><br />EDIT- LD what made you decide on the Turbo II? Any threads in Particular? :D :cool:

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Course, when Ebay gives us a BB to hang out on and talk about boats and stuff, then could we talk about the good deals we got on IBoats?

juneau

Cadet

When I finally saw my prop on Ebay, it was $849 starting bid. I was hoping for real cheap, like $200-$250. I guess that ain't gonna happen. I might as well buy new.

KaGee

Admiral

You all are gonna get the newby at Iboats upset at ya...... :D

bvassel3

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi LubeDude. You hit a bit of a nerve with your post on iboats' Forums about ebay and the great deals there. You are, of course right. Some of us have found some cheap stuff on ebay, for sure. And we have also had the frustration of not finding the exact prop (or other boating item) we needed, after a lot of searching. I would guess that many of us have also found some junk too. But that's what their great site is all about.<br /><br />Now lets talk about iboats.com. In case someone might be wondering, iboats is family owned and did not get a few billion in VC money like ebay did to get started and help keep it going through the first few very difficult years. We did it the old fashioned way with our own money and lots of sweat and holding our breath that we could pay the bills and keep it going. <br /><br />We were and are able to stay alive and keep this free set of great Forums going due to at least three reasons: (1) I just want to keep these Forums going...at no cost to all who want to join in. So we do! (2) We have wonderful suppliers who provide us with exceptional pricing on over 100,000 marine parts and accessories in our Marine MegaMall for sale, plus we partner with over 300 boat dealers who also provide us with a few thousand almost new outboards to sell every year at wonderful discounted prices to the public. (3) We have terrific customers who come and buy what we offer at excellent prices, thereby helping us to make a few bucks and keep all this going. To all of them we say over and over again...thank you, thank you, thank you!<br /><br />In speaking of great prices on props, here are a couple of good examples ON IBOATS that we'd really appreciate your promoting and telling your boating friends about;<br /> 1. ALL the common NEW aluminum props most people need for V-6 outboards and sterndrives, starting at just $85.99. Now I believe that's a killer deal!!!!!<br /> 2. ALL the common NEW stainless steel props most people need...the ones that typically sell for $300 to $500 or more in retail stores...and we are selling them right now for HALF PRICE.<br /><br />So any kind words or positive comments to friends...either on and off these Forums, about iboats and what we are trying to do to help boaters...is always greatly appreciated since it typically translates into some sales for us, and that pays the bills. :) <br /><br />I'll get down off my soap box now. :D <br /><br />Happy and safe boating to ALL of you.<br /><br />BV

LubeDude

Admiral

In reply to BV:<br /><br />I understand what you are saying, and if I said something that was out of line, I apoligise.<br /><br />The people like myself that go to Ebay for things, espesially Props, we do so because we can buy and sell them if we dont like them. Ive bought and sold more than a half dozen props on Ebay. Now, if you would like to offer that service, I would take you up on it. There is no way Im spending $3-500.00 on a new stainless prop and then take a $200.00 hit on it when I sell it. Also, it gives us a chance to figure out what we need, and then if we want new, we would buy from Iboats. If I need a big ticket Item and want it to be new, you can bet that I will buy from Iboats if the price is even close. I will probably be looking for a new trolling motor eventually.<br /><br />I wouldnt tell everyone to buy anything new that Iboats sold if I found it cheaper somewhere else, What, ya think Im nuts?????? :eek: :eek:

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br /> In reply to BV:<br /><br />What, ya think Im nuts?????? :eek: :eek:
Uh-Ohhhh....... that's aloaded one.... :p

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

BV,<br /><br />Everytime I come to the site I see what you are advertising and there are lots of threads where people are told if you want that get it from iboats. People are well aware that they need to support iboats and the feeling I get from the threads is that most people do. This however is a forum and if there is a bargain to be had people are likely to mention it. If this is against the rules, I too was unaware and it should be made clearer. The popularity of this forum brings people to the iboats site and is great advertising. I wish you continued prosperity for your business and appreciate the forum

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmm.<br /><br />With respect, I think BV is being more courteous than necessary.<br /><br />This is about manners. <br /><br />BV (iboats) is our host here. iboats is in business to sell, among other things, props. As BV points out, there are some real bargains available.<br /><br />Just how much respect and appreciation does one show his/her host if we use his facilities to promote competitive alternatives?<br /><br />I am really surprised that LD did this. He has shown great sensitivity and courtesy to others in thousands of posts before. I don't think he was really thinking about what he was doing.

Homerr

Commander

I was all set to buy an emergency prop off EBay until I looked around the Iboats mall...<br /><br />Forget Ebay... I'm buying from Iboats :) <br /><br />The more I look around EBay, the more I go somewhere else and buy new. If it's within $20 or so from new (at a retail store like IBoats), I'll buy new simply because I'd rather deal with a legitimate business than an EBay seller if there are problems with the sale.<br /><br />I've bought and sold a lot on EBay and I've only had a few bad apples to deal with, so I'm not saying all EBay sellers are bad. It just seems easier to deal with a regular business when problems arise.<br /><br />EBay's recent rate hikes has really turned me off though... Lately I've been looking at other auction sites.<br /><br /><br />H.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Hmmmm.<br /><br />He has shown great sensitivity and courtesy to others in thousands of posts before. I don't think he was really thinking about what he was doing.
Like I said, I wasnt trying to step on Iboats toes here, just trying to state that there were some deals to be had on Ebay right now on used props. So does that mean that if someone has a prop in the clasified section cheap that one of use shouldnt take advantage of it because we should buy a new one fron Iboats? I really think we are grasping at staws here. I mean we are talking used equipment. :confused: I bought a battery charger from You JB, Guess I should have not done that and bought the same thing from Iboats new. What difference does it make when buying used equipment where you get it, I wouldnt buy the same thing new more than likely. I know Im being a bit fecisious (SP) here, but I fail to see the difference.<br /><br />Sorry, it wont happen again.

Triton II

Commander

Hey BV, come to Australia and open iboats over here... our marine suppliers are outrageously expensive (in the main). Imagine the headlines... iboats goes international! :D

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Ditto to what triton said-and is there any chance of Iboats shipping the odd item to the UK? ALL and without exception of our boating dealers charge ridiculous prices for everything- I estimate that us UK boat owners pay TWICE as much as the guys in the USA for pretty much everything.

bvassel3

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am SURE that LubeDude was NOT trying to do anything but alert Forum members to a good deal on a used prop on ebay. I do appreciate him...and the thousands of other people who post in our Forums and make them SO helpful to all boaters! We just hope people will consider buying from iboats whenever it makes sense and cents to do so. Enough said. We love you, LubeDude. ;) <br /><br />As to shipping internationally...we'd LOVE to do more of it than we now are doing. We are shipping some things overseas right now, some engines and some parts and accessories to certain countries. The challenge is NOT our prices to the boaters overseas. We know that we are very inexpensive in most cases compared to what they have to pay for the same item(s) in their countries. The big challenge is the "other" costs associated with getting the product to them...specifically in two areas:<br /> (1) The cost of shipping overseas is often ridiculously high! For example...when we ship a prop to Europe or Australia by FedEx or UPS, the cost...just for the shipping of one prop...averages $85 to $100 (US$). That's a crime, I know!!! And obviously that makes the cost of that prop go from extremely attractive to very unattractive.<br /> (2) Then there are usually import duties to be paid by the customer when the product arrives at his door, and VAT (value added taxes,) and other charges (like a per horsepower charge in some countries that can amount to hundreds of additional dollars). Clearly, countries are trying to protect their own industries and businesses against imported, less-expensive products.<br /><br />We are now looking into the idea of shipping a container of items...like engines or props and so on to someone in a country who would partner with iboats, to then be able to service the "local" people better in that country. I am off to Europe in April to discuss this in more depth. This will take some time to put together but we are anxious to move ahead with international orders...including more and better service to our MANY great Canadian friends.<br /><br />BV