Dt65 Crankshaft seals

bigman348

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12
I am wondering if anyone out there has replaced crank seals on an 87 dt65? I am looking to replace the upper and lower seals and don't know if I have to crack the case to do it. I have a manual but it doesn't specify if the case needs to be split.
Thanks for any and all help!
 

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
849
Re: Dt65 Crankshaft seals

are they leaking? I have a used dt75 out in the shed I'll ,ook tomorrow to see if the seals and be removed without splitting case.
 

bigman348

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12
Re: Dt65 Crankshaft seals

It seems to be all that is left for me at this point. I have tested and replaced everything that I can replace and still have a no power under load condition. And the process of checking them for leaks isn't easy or cut and dry. Thanks for looking for me I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Matt
 
Top