Drive In Movies

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: Drive In Movies

Wow, boy do I wish we still had drive-ins here!<br /><br />Use to be a time, when there were drive-ins all over Long Island, at least 10 of them, but now, they are all gone.<br /><br />Westbury, the last one, closed in the late 90's. <br /><br />Now its a Home Depot!<br /><br />Last movie I saw in a drive-in was "E.T.", in my 1974 Chevy Vega!

Stratosfied

Ensign

The last drive in I went to see was in Century FL, and the movie was either The first Police Academy or Bachelor Party. I saw both of them there, just cann't remember which was last.

RatFish

Chief Petty Officer

Ahhh... This thread brings back memories...<br /><br />I used to frequent the first commercial drive-in theater in Camden, NJ when I was a kid (1970's). It opened in the early 1930's. It was really sad to see them tear it down a few years back.

brother chris

Commander

I haven't been to a drive-in for decades.<br />Seems like everytime I find one, within a year it is torn down and condo's are put there instead.

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

We used to put a couch in the bed of a pickup and sit on the berm sidways. <br /><br />Kick back in the couch, put your feet up on the sideboard of the truck and enjoy the show.<br /><br />Folks left you alone as long as you were respectful of them.