Doral 360SE TV

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Doral 360SE TV

Great !!!! Beautiful boat. Now i have to show them to the wife and hopefully she will suggest we need something bigger !!!!

dpospres

Seaman Apprentice

OK....to answer the original question.....I found a 15" Magnavox that fits perfectly in the hole. It even uses the 2 screws that held the original TV in place and I can still spin it between the stateroom and salon.

9ed0UOi5IY9yzQ1wsLYhGxe3KN0GSgWML4FBv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

9ed0UOi5IY9yzQ1wsLYhGxe3KPYbbp-OWxvxv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Still looks great. The wife is getting interested in bigger boat right now. Fingers crossed !!!

dpospres

Seaman Apprentice

Hope the wife goes for it. I love the ride of a bigger boat....and the space. Then again...I don't have a wife, so I can get away with more.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Hope the wife goes for it. I love the ride of a bigger boat....and the space. Then again...I don't have a wife, so I can get away with more.
I think that we just have to justify spending a larger amount of money on something like this for the length of season that we have. She is looking at a lot of ad's for bigger right now. Fingers crossed !!!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well !!!! I think we are going boat shopping soon !!!!!
Wish me luck

PhatboyC

Petty Officer 1st Class

OK....to answer the original question.....I found a 15" Magnavox that fits perfectly in the hole. It even uses the 2 screws that held the original TV in place and I can still spin it between the stateroom and salon.

Good work. Is that Magnavox a 12 volt unit? I was looking for a 12 volt LCD TV/DVD combo for a friend last summer and found it expensive. Only camping trailer stores carried them.

PhatboyC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well !!!! I think we are going boat shopping soon !!!!!
Wish me luck

Start a new post on it so we can follow your shopping spree. Want to know what are the models your looking at.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Start a new post on it so we can follow your shopping spree. Want to know what are the models your looking at.

Will do. As soon as I get back from my business trip to Korea next week.

dpospres

Seaman Apprentice

Good work. Is that Magnavox a 12 volt unit? I was looking for a 12 volt LCD TV/DVD combo for a friend last summer and found it expensive. Only camping trailer stores carried them.

Yes it is a 12 volt model that comes with a 120v adapter. I just run it on 12 volt all the time. It was less than $100 on Ebay. Not sure what will happen next year though when the analog channels go away. I can get the model # off of it when I am on the boat next time if you would like.

PhatboyC

Petty Officer 1st Class

wow 100$ That's a good deal. I was looking for a 16:9 aspect ration tho. Thanks for offering. I'll look on Ebay. Sometimes I think I should just buy a reg. 120v in the stores and buy a 300W converter for 25$. Could be harder on the batteries but still.

dpospres

Seaman Apprentice

Unfortunately the 16:9 won't fit in the original space....of course the down side is that my TV won't receive the digital channels next year when analog goes away. Not a big problem though, I will mount an in dash type AM/FM/DVD/TV tuner under the TV cabinet.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well, we are off to begin our new boat shopping experience this weekend. I will keep you all posted. I will start a new thread with the results of "day #1"
Wish us luck !!!