Don't Bother Me. I'm Fishing.

burroak

Senior Chief Petty Officer
He began his day with an 3 Lb Rainbow on the first cast and a 5 Lb on the second. On the third cast he had just caught his first ever Rainbow over 6 pounds when his cell phone rang.

It was a doctor notifying him that his wife had just been in a terrible accident and was in critical condition and in the ICU.

The man told the doctor to inform his wife where he was and that he'd be there as soon as possible. As he hung up he realized he was leaving what was shaping up to be his best day ever on the water.

He decided to get in a couple of more casts before heading to the hospital. He ended up fishing the rest of the morning; finishing his trip with a stringer like he'd never seen - 3 Rainbow over 5 pounds. He was jubilant.... then he remembered his wife.

Feeling guilty, he dashed to the hospital. He saw the doctor in the corridor and asked about his wife's condition.

The doctor glared at him and shouted, 'You went ahead and finished your fishing trip didn't you! I hope you're proud of yourself! While you were out for the past four hours enjoying yourself on the stream, your wife has been languishing in the ICU! It's just as well you went ahead and finished because it will be more than likely the last fishing trip you ever take! For the rest of her life she will require 'round the clock care. And you'll be her care giver forever!'

The man was feeling so guilty he broke down and sobbed.

The doctor then chuckled and said, 'I'm just screwing with ya. She's dead. What'd you catch?

EJ3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Don't Bother Me. I'm Fishing.

So wrong, but I laughed!:D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

AUGH!! That is awful! :(

But LMAO anyway. :)

aspeck

Staff member

You should be ashamed of yourself for telling such terrible stories - albeit funny stories! :D

jbjennings

Captain

Liked it---
Gotta go tell my wife that one!:D
JBJ

i386

Captain

That's awful, but dang funny.:D