Doh! I could have had a V8

sojodave

Cadet
Re: Doh! I could have had a V8

i went with Smart Tabs instead. Love them!! Now the boat planes quickly, pulls two tubes, big guy on slaolm ski with a little effort, Anyone on two ski's. All this and uses so little fuel, i am amazed. It will also run nearly 50 with 4 people and a full 30 gal tank,cooler,and tons of tools,fishing gear,etc.

Funny, I talked to a Bayliner dealer recently about Smart Tabs. He said to run away from any boat that has Smart Tabs on them. He said they were compensating for a design flaw in the boat. I was shocked over what he said because I have heard such good comments about them.

QC

Supreme Mariner

The dealer guy ^^^^ doesn't know what he's talking about. Personally I think trim tabs should be standard equipment on all v-hull boats. I prefer helm adjustable, but either are a wonderful tool that can improve safety, efficiency and fun.

joewithaboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Funny, I talked to a Bayliner dealer recently about Smart Tabs. He said to run away from any boat that has Smart Tabs on them. He said they were compensating for a design flaw in the boat.

That?s pretty funny; I see more underpowered bayliners than any other brand boat. He prob doesn?t even own a boat! Typical salesman!
I apologize in advance to any salesman reading this.:D

QC

Supreme Mariner

I'm a salesman, and I agree with you :eek: :)

John_S

Rear Admiral

So am I the ultimate contradiction? A 350 in a Bayliner with smart tabs. :)

joewithaboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

So am I the ultimate contradiction? A 350 in a Bayliner with smart tabs. :)
Are you also a salesman :D
Do you like your smart tabs, with a 350 in a 20 footer it must leap out of the water.:)
Ive seen you in other posts, is it a stock or modded 350?

joewithaboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Im sure the Smart Tab haters will be along any minute to tell us that they dont work ...:facepalm:

wca_tim

Lieutenant Commander

horsepower: too much is never enough! you can always hold back on your throttle hand, but you can never reach for what's not there...

I always heard a bayliner with a 350 was a design flaw?? ;-) sorry, kidding

I've had smart tabs and have helm adjustable bennets now. the smart tabs worked well and were fine, but I kept breaking them so I gave up and went with adjustable. I like them better, but they were more expensive a little more involved to set up and are a little trickier to operate...

John_S

Rear Admiral

Are you also a salesman :D
Do you like your smart tabs, with a 350 in a 20 footer it must leap out of the water.:)
Ive seen you in other posts, is it a stock or modded 350?

No salesman here, or lover of any particular brand. ;) It is basicly a stock 350 vortec 4brl, about 280HP@prop.

When you have enough power to not worry about planning time, other issues can crop up. The smart tabs elliminated porposing and high speed chine walk. Along with reducing bow rise and significantly reduced slow speed v boat wander. If I am sounding like a salesman, it is only because they did do everything as promised. :)

chriscraft254

Commander

No salesman here, or lover of any particular brand. ;) It is basicly a stock 350 vortec 4brl, about 280HP@prop.

When you have enough power to not worry about planning time, other issues can crop up. The smart tabs elliminated porposing and high speed chine walk. Along with reducing bow rise and significantly reduced slow speed v boat wander. If I am sounding like a salesman, it is only because they did do everything as promised. :)

That just warms my heart. :)

Thalasso

Commander

You will need the xtra power after putting gear and passengers onboard. That boat will get heavy real fast.