Doggone it

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Doggone it

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> I was always taught that all people was welcome thru the doors of a church.<br /><br />When did it change that you had to dress a certain way?
well said SBN..<br />[edit] and MY

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

MY, actually it is my fault just as much it is hers. Not trying to avoid any blame here.<br /><br />JamesCoste made several good points.<br /><br />I just wonder if these girls realize they have such an effect on a normal guy. Are they that clueless?<br /><br />This was the point of my post.<br /><br /><br />Ken

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br />Didnt their mother tell them not to wear those clothes to church?
Forget church, how about in general. I'm part of this age group (25) and I think these women have 0 self esteem, 0 common sense, and frankly I'd rather talk to a wall than deal with these bimbos.<br /><br />Sean

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

how a man "reacts" to temptation is the real test.<br /><br />a "boy" may not be able to handle it...

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Here is the only way we are to react to these temptations:<br /><br />1 Corinthians 6:18<br /><br />"Flee from sexual immorality! Every sin a person can commit is outside the body, but the person who is sexually immoral sins against his own body."<br /><br />Maybe that is why I'm still so skinny. All that running!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

MY you I will disagree, women who dress like that are just as guilty as the men who gawk at them. Wanting to be lusted is just a big of sin as those that do the lusting.<br /><br />For her to claim innocence is a lie. I am sure she felt a breeze. :D She might not think it was provocative, but ask any man, he will tell you the opposite. I find it hard to believe a woman in her mid twenties would not know that.<br /><br />While any other time I would enjoy the view, I come to church to have a bit of sanctuary. I enjoy the scriptures and sermons. Is it too much to ask for women to dress appropriately so I dont have to hold my eyes shut the whole time?<br /><br />Ken

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> I was always taught that all people was welcome thru the doors of a church.<br /><br />When did it change that you had to dress a certain way?
All people are welcome at a church, irregardless of their appearance. After a person has been in church for a while and if they realize that their clothing (or lack thereof) is a stumbling block to another, they should change their attire.<br /><br />Romans 14:12-13 tells us, "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God. Therefore, let us no longer criticize one another, but instead decide not to put a stumbling block or pitfall in your brother's way."<br /><br />There are many stumbling blocks. If I turned away somebody from our church for dressing inappropriately, I would surely turn them "off" from attending and become a stumbling block to them. Before I go any further, I consider inappropriately dressed an outfit that is overly provocative, or not "enough" outfit. Fancy clothing is not necessary for church. If so, I would be turned away many times myself. If some lady comes in and is in a thong bikini on the front pew, I would be strongly distracted singing in the choir. They would be a stumbling block to me.<br /><br />It goes both ways. We are told to "flee sexual imorality", not "fight sexual immorality". Why? Because God knows us and knows our weakness to the flesh.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

So, I would take it that this would be one of them blocks?<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />..<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />..<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />
sr423_jolie03476.jpg

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

You know whats the miracle here is that there was an 18+(-)year old at church, period. <br /><br />What was it the lord said, "Judge not least ye be judged." <br /><br />At least she was there. :cool: <br /><br />And ditto SBN.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Does anybody here like Angelina Jolie? She has enormous lips!!!<br /><br />I am afraid that dress would be on my "not to wear to church" list.<br /><br />I think the priest would have a hard time concentrating.<br /><br /><br />Ken

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

And i'm sitting here thinking thats where one gets the opportunity to ask God to "lead us not into temptation" and if one misses that chance, then perhaps a bit later, one can always ask God for forgiveness.<br /><br />Did i get it wrong?(again) :confused:

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Forget church, how about in general. I'm part of this age group (25) and I think these women have 0 self esteem, 0 common sense, and frankly I'd rather talk to a wall than deal with these bimbos.
I'm a bit older (30something) than ya, EEboater, but I know exactly what ya mean.. I see the same problem..<br /><br />Ladies.. Ya'll need to get it together, find some self esteem, and especially, Ya'll need to learn how to dress.. Cripe.. I got better lookin greasy shop rags compaired to what some of em' wear.....

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br />
Forget church, how about in general. I'm part of this age group (25) and I think these women have 0 self esteem, 0 common sense, and frankly I'd rather talk to a wall than deal with these bimbos.
I'm a bit older (30something) than ya, EEboater, but I know exactly what ya mean.. I see the same problem..<br /><br />Ladies.. Ya'll need to get it together, find some self esteem, and especially, Ya'll need to learn how to dress.. Cripe.. I got better lookin greasy shop rags compaired to what some of em' wear.....
Geeez!! Where do you hang out? :D

Fly Rod

Commander

:) If a catholic church, she is the wrong subject that a priest would lose concentration on!!! ;) :cool: <br /><br />How could any normal male concentrate on the mass when a woman dressed like that walks down the aisle!!!! ;) :cool: