Does anybody get flu shots?

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Does anybody get flu shots?

Same here with the free ones. I work in the aviation depatment, and they do not want us to ever get sick I suppose. Gotta watch for them terrorist!! :confused: This is the current report from city hall:<br /><br />News from City Hall <br /> <br /> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Oct.5,2004 Flu vaccine supply to be less than <br /><br /><br />The Health Department anticipated receiving the majority of its flu vaccine from Chiron this year. Officials requested and have been placed on a waiting list for 4,000 additional doses of flu vaccine from Aventis, the other FDA-approved provider of flu vaccine. The Health Department does not have any flu vaccine at this time and does not anticipate receiving the vaccine this month.

gaugeguy

Captain

I have gotten one every year since 85. On the night of the shot I usually get a couple flu-like symptoms but they are long gone by morning. The worst thing about the shot IMO is the sore arm for about 2 days. <br /><br />I get one because it is free and I have seen people who have gotten the full blown flu, not the sick in bed for a couple days flu, but the in the hospital, hooked to IV's, as close to death as you can get flu...and I don't want any part of that.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

No flu shot for me either.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

The shot is never the same strain as the one you catch anyway. I'll pass.

mtumilty

Cadet

I have gotten one every year for the last 13 years and have had ill effects from at least 10 of them. Many times I have already had the flu before getting the shot and then again with in a week or three. I think I'll try to avoid it this year, wish me luck...<br /><br />V/R<br />AFF

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

At my Dr.'s suggestion I have been getting them at work for the last 7 years. Never had a problem until last year. Had the flu twice last year after getting the shot.