Doctor in the house? Left side of head going numb...

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Doctor in the house? Left side of head going numb...

So, is the appointment made yet? When? Get to the vet, my friend!

sangerwaker

Commander

Please tell us you've made an appointment, Noel.

Drowned Rat

Captain

It could be a TIA, a precursor to a stroke. Get seen today.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

drowned rat: you must be smarter than the average doctor and although I'm sure that your intentions are good, diagnosing a TIA (transient ischaemic attack) is not really something that should be done on the internet. There are a wide range of differential diagnoses that I could come up with from the brief symptomology but I don't think I'll list them, suffice it to say they range from mild annoyances to life-threatening medical emergencies.<br /><br />The initial advice from everyone still stands: get thee to an physician Noel!

Drowned Rat

Captain

What happens when you lose feeling to part of your body, an interruption of blood flow (ischemia). What's it called when it only last for a few moments, (transient). Transient ischemic attack. It is a proper diagnosis in the absence of additional diagnostic information. It is what it is Bro, and it doesn't take a doctor to recognize it.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

All goog advice Noel, drop everything and go see the doctor before its too late.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Forget the appointment, go to the ER. I'd bet your doc would send you to the hospital for tests anyways. <br /><br />This is one major 'Better Safe Than Sorry' incident.

PW2

Commander

I'll weigh in, FWIW.<br />Take it from someone who recently suffered a mild stroke, due to two blocked carotid arteries, and was virtually symptom free until I suddenly lost use of my right hand.<br /><br />Get to a doctor, and/or an emergency room, and insist on seeing a neurologist.<br /><br />They have lots of tests they can do, incl CT Scans, MRI's, Ultrasounds, and who knows what all. It no doubt could be any number of things, but it is something, and it is best to find out what ASAP.<br /><br />BTW, my neurologist calls me her "miracle patient" as she cannot understand how I was even walking around. I am fine now, after 2 surgeries, and my hand is recovering some function--I was lucky<br /><br />Good Luck

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

A health nut guy at work felt kinda wierd for the week before he had a stroke.<br /><br />He still is not able to drive a car and has dizzy spells.<br /><br />Ken

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

For about a month I would wake up and my forehead and side of my head would be tingly. I just thought I was sleeping on it wrong. <br /><br />Then one morning the entire side of my face was paralyzed. Three months later it started barely moving again. Three and a half years later now and it's about 75% recovered. <br /><br />Get it checked could be anything.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Steve, was it Bells Palsy? My dad just went through that, took 6 months to fully recover, Apparently it is triggered by the common cold.<br /><br />Aldo

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Aldo: you've hit the nail on the head with this case: it could be Bells Palsy, it could be Trigeminal Neuralgia, it could be......loads of things. That's why I suggested that to make a diagnosis over the internet is a bad thing and certainly not to be recommended: hopefully Noel has taken on board the thoughts of the iboat posters and is at this very moment sitting in a doctor's waiting room..... well maybe not right at this minute because the time difference means it's probably 2am where he lives :D

ndemge

Commander

Thanks for all the concerns...<br /><br />Talked to vet, keeping any eye on it over the weekend, try to get an idea of when it happens etc.. Monday go in and see what's going on.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Noel - glad you went in. It's probably nothing but man, I'd want to know for sure if I were you.

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

yea buddy... you only get one melon in a lifetime... dont let this one rot. :D

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

You made the right decision Noel. Don't mess with this stuff, good luck!

aspeck

Staff member

Originally posted by Wimperdink:<br /> yea buddy... you only get one melon in a lifetime... dont let this one rot. :D
LOL! You just ain't right, Wimperdink! Love it!

ndemge

Commander

After talking to doc, thinking it was sinus pressure getting at a nerve. <br /><br />Last thursday started sinus infeciton, been sneezing for a while, this weekend it happened less and less, has only happened twice today, so seems to be going away.<br /><br />Also checking blood suger, as that is one other thing that could contribute.<br /><br />Thanks for everyone's concerns

monoshock

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good deal Lucile. :D

oddjob

Commander

I was just about to say that!...acually that happens to me all the time. Sometimes it feels like a nat crawling on my skin....I jus give myself a whack! :)