Do you like hotdogs?

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Do you like hotdogs?

I should have just listed the url, says it all with pictures too.

miloman

Lieutenant Junior Grade

many years ago I ate a dog from a street vendor the same night I saw the movie alive at the movies I had food posining for days I will never eat street meat again

rwise

Captain

try this one....<br />take a full size plate, place a ring of fritos (sp?) around the edge, put a baked potatoe in the center split open and broke up, place 2 dogs (boiled in beer)(or soaked in beer over night then grilled ) 1 on each half of the potatoe, musterd, relish, chili, chopped onion, cheese, sour cream, jalepenos, (hot sauce). Better be hungry! brands, your fav of course! :D <br />Richard

tylerin

Commander

try this one....<br />take a full size plate, place a ring of fritos (sp?) around the edge, put a baked potatoe in the center split open and broke up, place 2 dogs (boiled in beer)(or soaked in beer over night then grilled ) 1 on each half of the potatoe, musterd, relish, chili, chopped onion, cheese, sour cream, jalepenos, (hot sauce). Better be hungry! brands, your fav of course! <br />Richard
rwise, sounds good you forgot to mention the Pepto bismal

LadyFish

Admiral

rwise, I cook bratwurst by boiling in beer before grilling. I also cook my saurkraut in beer for at least a hour it helps cut down on the sourness.<br /><br />I will have to try it with hot dogs.

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

the best doggs here in town are the Bakalars Doggs. There made here where I live in La Crosse. I actually do business with the two brothers that own it. Mikeandronda should remember these good old fashioned doggs. Thick Skin and Spicy. I useuly cut these think lenght wise in half and then grill them up and eat them as a sandwich Smoothered in babaque sauce.

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hotdogs at Shea Stadium with my beloved NY METS! :D I have been in that stadium as a kid so many times.... Even when I was in the USCG stationed on Governors Island in NY Harbor, I still went to Mets games in the early 80's. They have the best hotdogs of any stadium!<br /><br />Butch A.

SoulWinner

Commander

Well, for the fpolks that don't eat hotdogs, think of it like this, they are a good deal better than what most of the global population has to eat, no matter what goes into them. <br /><br />From the two guys tat worked in packing plants, DO TELL :eek: I have been fascinated by the meat packing industry since I read "The Jungle" in high school, now I own two copies of the book, along with an original copy of the Pulitzer winner "Dragons Teeth" by the same author (oh those crazy communists :D ). I have research the industry and found that there is a 100% turnover rate in every major packing plant in the US. Gotta be a good reason for that :rolleyes: So tell us what it's like. We will never have the opportunity to know otherwise and I am real curious, so use lots of graphic details.<br /><br />The very best way to cook a dog is this:<br />Start an oak fire. When the logs are burning good, take a big one and roll it out of the fire (or let the fire die way down) and when the logs is glowing and pulsing with red embers all over, put your dog on a skewer and roast it over the smoking embers. I can eat 10 dogs cooked over oak embers. If you have never tried them cooked this way, you really have not enjoyed the finest cuisine available to western civilazation. I mean, they are better than steak when cooked this way. Try it out.

rwise

Captain

SoulWinner<br />Don't forget the Marshmallows for desert! roast them just until they catch on fire blow the flames out and enjoy (disclaimer, these are verrrryyy hot inside, so be careful) eat just the crust and repeat!<br /><br />LF<br />I gotta try the kraut that way!

Raghauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

There's only one way I don't like hotdogs:<br /><br />"You know what bothers me? It's not the crime, the rape, the murders... it's you, YOU, stuffing your face with those hotdogs... and nobody, I mean NOBODY, puts KETCHUP on a hotdog..." --- Dirty Harry :cool:

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br />When I was a kid we were poor, so we ate hotdogs a lot.
Wow, I was poor growing up too. If we didn't "kill it and grill it" we didn't get a lot of meat. When I was growing up, I thought only rich kids got hot dogs ;)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Gaugeguy read post carefully!! Soulwinner was one staving dude.<br /><br />
The very best way to cook a dog is this:<br />Start an oak fire.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by POINTER94:<br />Gaugeguy read post carefully!! Soulwinner was one staving dude.<br /><br />
The very best way to cook a dog is this:<br />Start an oak fire.
I wasn't that poor :D :D Roasted retriever was not on the menu :D

salty87

Commander

my vote is for bourbon st lucky dogs. oh man, that was a real treat when i was young and a must-do every time i make it back there. the vendors are scary but they usually don't bite. <br /><br />i saw one call the cops on a friend of mine, he wasn't offering any discounts and wanted my friend gone. it was pretty funny, those guys must hear it all working bourbon st!<br /><br />mustard, onions, relish, kraut.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

I like "Corn Dogs".......ya know, tho ones with a battered dog on a stick. Tremendous amount of tasty greasy fatty cholesterol there. <br /><br />Nuke these puppies or cook in oven, or even indirect heat on a grill........consume plain, or dip in whatever flavor of condiment I'm into or have on hand at the moment......<br /><br />...yummmooooooooooooooo........ :D :D

SoulWinner

Commander

Pat! My wife LOVES the corn dogs. Oh bay does she love those guys. I like to fix them by battering up some dogs on a stick (nice doggy) and fry 'em up. I like to put me secret herbs and spices in the batter. MMMM mMMM good! Put some course ground pepper in the batter.....it's corn dawggie with FLEAS :D

oddjob

Commander

salty87 <br /><br />Funny you bringin up the lucky dog. Thats one dog I could never bring myself to eat.. :D ....I think it had more to do with saving space in the gut for the real NO's food around town. I'm not one to laugh at other people or make fun,..but my wife and I cracked-up everytime we passed one on the street..the giant hotdog wagon matching grease stained uniform,..."Lucky Dog! Get your Lucky Dogs right here: :D

fireship1

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Bondo, You drink Moxie? Now that's an acquired taste! Hard to find and even harder to swallow! :D