Do polite people drive you nuts?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
You ever know somebody that is always polite and formal?<br /><br />For example, you ask "polite guy", if he has seen John.<br /><br />Polite guy says "I believe he steped out, perhaps he has gone to lunch"<br /><br />Normal guys say "What do I look like, his keeper"<br /><br />These polite and formal guys drive me nuts, am I wrong?<br /><br />Ken

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Do polite people drive you nuts?

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> <br />These polite and formal guys drive me nuts, am I wrong?<br /><br />Ken
You may be, but I believe it would be most impolite of me to say so. I'll consult with John when he comes back, from lunch perhaps, whereupon I shall revert to you and apprise you of our opinion.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I try to be polite, most of the time... <br /><br />But ultimately it comes down to who's doing the asking...<br /><br />Example:<br />A Female calling for so & so... I pick up, "hello".. Pleasant voice> "hello.. may I speak to so & so?".. I'll reply with the afore mentioned "I believe he steped out, perhaps he has gone to lunch"...<br /><br />Now if Mr. jackass calls looking for so & so, he'll get the "What do I look like, his keeper" or the "how the 4 letter word should I know where so & so is"..<br /> :cool:

brother chris

Commander

I try to be polite all the time and I notice that some people get irratated with me. So be it I say. <br />I drive myself nuts half the time anyways. hehehe.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Glad to see some fellow smarta$$es here. :D <br /><br />I am polite with strangers, but joke with people you know very well. Some people never relax, always formal. :eek: <br /><br />Ken

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Or another favorite reply of mine... "Nope.... He went to poop and the hogs ate him"..

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Whenever someone asks me how I'm doing I usually reply "Great, never been better, how about you?" That is my response regardless. Sometimes when at work(in the prison) an inmate will ask me "Hi Mr. Brown, how are ya doing?" I reply with "Great, happy to be here, happy that you're here with me" Most usually chuckle, some get pissed, they all get the point though.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> Glad to see some fellow smarta$$es here. :D <br /><br /> <br /><br />Ken
I am from New York, what is polite? Hey! ya gotta a problem wit dat? :D

TilliamWe

Banned

Ken, thanks for wasting my fr***in time reading your lame post! ;) <br /><br />Now if you will excuse, I must travel an hour & 15minutes to go be nice to someone that doesn't know how to drive.<br /><br />Have a nice day :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea they ask me how I am and I have 2 answers.<br />1. Finer than a frog's hair or<br />2. If I was any better I couldn't stand myself.<br /><br />As far as being polite, don't get much chance for that here in the sticks.<br /><br />Some of the people here could care less about politeness.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Does anybody know anybody who actually uses the word "perhaps" in conversation?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> Does anybody know anybody who actually uses the word "perhaps" in conversation?
Let's see.<br />"Perhaps I'll
trink21.gif

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> Does anybody know anybody who actually uses the word "perhaps" in conversation?
Yes, the guy that drives me the most nuts does!!!! :eek: :confused: <br /><br />Ever watch Fargo, its like being in a room with those people (no accent though).<br /><br />Ken

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Fargo, with the famous woodchipper scene? Got a friend, Joe, who says instead of burial he wants to be assplunged into Navarro Mills lake.<br /><br />(you know, assplunge, like the company that makes those chippers, Asplundh?)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Perhaps I could prepare a list of those that do!!! #&^%%#!!?

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /><br /><br />(you know, assplunge, like the company that makes those chippers, Asplundh?) [/QB]
If used on the first 3 letters HAS to HURT! :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Taught manners at a young age. I cannot change now.

NathanY

Commander

I enjoy interaction with polite people, rude people bring out the worst in me because of my short temper.

D

DJ

Being polite brings numerous benefits.<br /><br />Being a jerk gets you what you wanted/deserved.