Do polite people drive you nuts?

JRJ

Commander
Re: Do polite people drive you nuts?

I prefer polite people to rude jerks. Polite people come from all walks of life and I'll help a polite person reguardless of their means, before any Adam Henry gets the time of day :D

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

I get in trouble for saying "yes sir" and "no sir" to people sometime. Most of the time, senior adults smile when I do because of showing respect.<br /><br />Those who get mad don't want to be thought of as "old"... I guess.

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

Yes, politeness is definately something to complain about. <br />After all, what this world really needs are more people giving you the finger and sports fans being obnoxious.

TilliamWe

Banned

Originally posted by JamesCoste:<br /> I get in trouble for saying "yes sir" and "no sir" to people sometime. Most of the time, senior adults smile when I do because of showing respect.<br /><br />Those who get mad don't want to be thought of as "old"... I guess.
Too bad for them! <br /><br />But perhaps they don't expect politeness, and therefore are offended, like Ken. Is that possible, sir? :)

Twidget

Commander

Does anybody know anybody who actually uses the word "perhaps" in conversation?<br />
<------- Guilty as charged. My 8yo son does it too.<br /><br /> <br /><br />
I am from New York, what is polite? Hey! ya gotta a problem wit dat? [Big Grin]
NY has a point too. I had a friend from NJ while in the navy. Perhaps it is the way of NJ, but his way of talking to his friends would get him in a fight in TX. :) <br /><br />Being polite never really hurt anyone. I was around Marines for a few years in the Navy. They have a way of saying 'Yes Sir' that sounds more like 'Yes you sorry sob'. :) I finally mastered that one. It comes in handy sometimes.

Skinnywater

Commander

I'm pretty flexible.<br />I'll go out of my way for the polite and I don't have time for the rude.<br /><br />Unless it's entertaining.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Let me clarify, I dont like rude people either.<br /><br />But when you are talking with your friends/co workers and they are always formal with their language, it just drives me up the wall. I always feel like saying, "I aint the CEO of the company, relax".<br /><br />Ken